RotoWire Partners

Offseason Thoughts: Amari's Arrival

Mario Puig

Mario sets the direction of RotoWire's college football and NFL draft content, with his other responsibilities primarily resting in those same subjects. He's a fan of Arvydas Sabonis.

•The talk out of Oakland is that Amari Cooper looks ready to break out, and I'm definitely buying it.

Cooper arrived to OTAs with more bulk on his frame, which would seem to mean he's up to the 215 or 220-pound range at 6-foot-1. That bodes well for his chances of improving on his red-zone production after totaling just 11 touchdowns in his first two years, and his prospect profile in general strongly hinted at an imminent breakout even at his previous weight.

While I still don't think Cooper has the prospect profile to project as a truly elite, top-five sort of wideout, I do think he'll settle in as a top-10 receiver for the next eight years or so, hovering in the 1,300-yard, 10-touchdown range for most or all of that stretch. He already has 2,223 yards to his credit and will be just 23 tomorrow, so it's highly likely that he will improve his production at Michael Crabtree's expense as he continues to develop his skill set with experience. I'd probably rank Coop

You've reached the end of our free article preview.
See below to find out how you can read the full version of this article.

Subscribe to RotoWire now and you'll be reading the full version of this article in minutes.

At RotoWire, we give our subscribers everything. That means not only will you be able to read this article, you'll be able to read ALL our articles.

Plus, you'll get all of these great benefits:

➤ Amazing draft kits.  ➤ Full stat projections.
➤ Exclusive cheat sheets.  ➤ Customizable rankings.
➤ Instant news updates.  ➤ Free multi-sport access.
➤ Private expert Q&A.  ➤ And much more!

Get Access To RotoWire Now

Already Registered? Login Now

If you already have a RotoWire account, please login below with your username and password.

Forgot your password?
Click here to have your user info emailed to you.

Questions? Need Assistance?
Talk to a live person toll free at (888) 201-3057.