Fanball Fantasy Football: Week 15 Value Picks

Fanball Fantasy Football: Week 15 Value Picks

This article is part of our Fanball Fantasy Football series.

It almost feels like a bye week for anyone playing the Sunday-only game. After a Thursday game and two Saturday games, there are just 12 on Sunday, the fewest since a bye week. But with the Patriots-Steelers matchup standing out, not many will notice the smaller schedule.

QUARTERBACK

Tom Brady, NE at PIT ($7,700): Yes, I'm going with Brady even after last week's debacle. Rob Gronkowski is back in the lineup and Chris Hogan has another healthy week under his belt. As a favorite in a game with the highest over/under (53.5), Brady is an easy call. The Steelers have solid numbers against the pass but have also given up seven touchdowns to Brett Hundley, Andy Dalton and Joe Flacco the last three weeks.

RUNNING BACK

Le'Veon Bell, PIT vs. NE ($9,100): With Brady on the other side, the Steelers likely will use Bell a ton in the running game to keep the clock moving. Bell is as good as it gets, reaching at least 30 fantasy points in his last three games. The Patriots rank last in rush defense (according to Football Outsiders' DVOA) and let Kenyan Drake run over them last week for 114 yards. Bell should have 20 touches at a minimum, including at least five receptions.

Alex Collins, BAL at CLE ($6,200):
To get Brady, I was forced to use a cheaper running back and Collins will do. He's been Baltimore's best source of offense in recent weeks with at least 23 fantasy points the last two games. It also helps his floor that he has 10 receptions in the last four games. The Browns had a good defense early on, but have been gashed the last few weeks. Jamaal Williams was the most recent player to feast with 118 total yards and two touchdowns last Sunday.

WIDE RECEIVER

Jordy Nelson, GB at CAR ($6,800): I'm getting my upside play out of the way because I trust Nelson the least. The thought is that Aaron Rodgers will help Nelson return to fantasy relevance, but that's a big ask his first week back. The pricing is favorable enough to take a shot at a beatable zone defense against which Nelson usually thrives. And don't forget Nelson's six touchdowns in the only four games that he and Rodgers finished together.

JuJu Smith-Schuster, PIT vs. NE ($5,800):
Smith-Schuster is dealing with a minor hamstring issue, so check his status. As long as he's healthy, this price is hard to pass up in a game that could easily reach 60 points. With the Patriots likely to double team Antonio Brown, look for Smith-Schuster to be the main benefactor playing out of the slot. To help, he has four receptions in his last four starts.

WIDE RECEIVER/TIGHT END

Dede Westbrook, JAC vs. HOU ($4,800): Westbrook is staring at me in every DFS lineup I put together. He's still extremely cheap despite posting 17 receptions and 27 targets in the last three games. His numbers aren't huge, but for this price, his floor is fairly high. And if the Jags have trouble running against a solid Texans rush defense, Westbrook will benefit against a subpar secondary.

TIGHT END

Charles Clay, BUF vs. MIA ($4,600): In truth, I don't like many tight ends this week and that's why I came to Clay. I considered Jesse James ($3,900), but Clay is easier to trust as long as Tyrod Taylor plays. Even in the snowstorm last week, Clay had five targets. The upside maybe isn't there, but the Dolphins rank 29th against tight ends, according to DVOA, and that's good enough for me.

FLEX

Latavius Murray, MIN vs. CIN ($6,700): Kenyan Drake ($6,300) is the obvious play, so I'll give another option in this price range. This game is going to go vastly different for the Vikings than last week and that means a much better performance for Murray. Prior to the Panthers' loss, Murray was rolling with at least 17 touches in the last seven games, including five touchdowns. The Bengals seemed to give up on the season last week and let Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen do whatever they wanted. As long as Murray surpasses 15 touches, another touchdown and at least 80 yards should be expected.

DEFENSE
New Orleans vs. NYJ ($3,300):
This price isn't updated for the Jets starting Bryce Petty, so it's an easy play for me. The Saints have at least two sacks in six of their last seven games, and Petty has a career 57.9 QB rating (142 pass attempts). Sign me up.

The author(s) of this article may play in daily fantasy contests including – but not limited to – games that they have provided recommendations or advice on in this article. In the course of playing in these games using their personal accounts, it's possible that they will use players in their lineups or other strategies that differ from the recommendations they have provided above. The recommendations in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of RotoWire. Adam Zdroik plays in daily fantasy contests using the following accounts: FanDuel: zdroik, DraftKings: rotozdroik, Yahoo: StreakMaster.
RotoWire Community
Join Our Subscriber-Only NFL Chat
Chat with our writers and other RotoWire NFL fans for all the pre-game info and in-game banter.
Join The Discussion
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Adam Zdroik
Adam, a 2019, 2018 and 2017 Finalist for FSWA's Soccer Writer of the Year, is RotoWire's soccer editor. He also runs RotoWire's Bracketology, as well as writes on other various college basketball content. He has previously worked at ESPN and Sporting Kansas City, and he is a former Streak for the Cash winner and Michigan State graduate.
Ryan Grubb and the History of College Coaches Headed to the NFL
Ryan Grubb and the History of College Coaches Headed to the NFL
10 Sneaky Tricks For Your Upcoming Rookie Draft (Video)
10 Sneaky Tricks For Your Upcoming Rookie Draft (Video)
NFL Draft Decisions: Navigating Make-or-Break Moments
NFL Draft Decisions: Navigating Make-or-Break Moments
Dynasty Startup Draft LIVE! Superflex; ROOKIES Included! (Video)
Dynasty Startup Draft LIVE! Superflex; ROOKIES Included! (Video)
NFL Reactions: Breaking Down the Stefon Diggs Trade for Houston and Buffalo
NFL Reactions: Breaking Down the Stefon Diggs Trade for Houston and Buffalo
Payne's Perspective: Players To Avoid This Season
Payne's Perspective: Players To Avoid This Season