RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Draft Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JohnCaporale View Drop Down

Quote JohnCaporale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Draft Advice
    Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 8:29pm
I'm in a 12 Team 0.5 PPR league with pretty standard scoring. Only variations are 2 bonus points for 100+ yard rushing and receiving games and 2 bonus points for a TD throw of 50+ yards. QBs are also awarded 6 points per TD Passes.

I'm drafting out of the 9 slot and wondering if it makes sense to go for a QB in round 1. Statistically QBs always go early in this league so it's likely Manning and Rodgers are gone by 9. However, if Brees (Or one of those two previously mentioned QBs are there) would you go with one of them based on the scoring system?
marth1404 View Drop Down

Quote marth1404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 1:16pm
Im in a 12 man .5 PPR auction draft. 20 yards a point for QB as well as 6 Points for TD. Everything else is pretty standard. $200 to spend on draft

My question for you is it a good or bad strategy to try and draft McCoy or Charles as my RB. Then also try and get C.Johnson, or D. Thomas as my WR. Then going for P. Manning or D. Breez as my QB. Leaving me with barley any money to spend on other player. Really relying on the end of the draft with decent fillers for my line up. also we get 200 to spend on waivers throughout the year.

Let me know your thoughts

Thank you
beccakins View Drop Down

Quote beccakins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:17am
With that scoring system, I would take one of the top 3 QBs if they're there at 9! Good luck!
beccakins View Drop Down

Quote beccakins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:24am
I would try to target top guys at two of the three positions and leave yourself a little more $ for the rest of your lineup. You might consider targeting a RB with more pass catching ability. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.