RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Draft question- Graham and Thomas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blkeduk8er View Drop Down

Quote blkeduk8er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Draft question- Graham and Thomas
    Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 9:44am
I am in a 12 team keeper PPR league.  We can keep up to 4, but I chose to only keep 1, Jimmy Graham.  I get 3 of the first four picks in the draft (Picks 1, 3, & 4).  Top players remaining are:
J. Nelson
A. Jeffrey
A. Ellington
Z. Stacy
J. Thomas
K. Allen
A. Johnson
C. Spiller

The guy with the #2 pick already has two RB's (Bernard and Lacy). What should my strategy be going into the draft? Who should I take 1st? Should one of my three be J. Thomas as I could start 2 TE's?

seps View Drop Down

Quote seps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 1:26pm
if you start 3 WR's, I'd draft Jeffrey, Nelson & K Allen. No need to start 2 TE's with great WR's still on the board.
bal2130 View Drop Down

Quote bal2130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 2:00pm
id say the same but switch keenan allen with ellington cause youll need some sort of decent rb
rkinigson View Drop Down

Quote rkinigson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 10:03am
I would go with Nelson, Allen and Ellington.
cdwils View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cdwils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 4:09pm
I don't know what the deal is with Ellington, but there are some really good players on that list and Ellington would be near the bottom for me. Nelson and Jeffery are the no-brainers (top two by a large margin), and Thomas would be if you didn't already have Graham at TE (assuming you don't have enough flexibility to play both Graham and Thomas)...so that leaves one more pick between the rest of the available guys. I'd go with Allen or Spiller...depending on how comfortable you would be with the 'lesser' RBs. If you feel confident you can fill out your starting lineup at RB after your first three picks, I think Allen is the pick.

Jeffery
Nelson
Allen
followed by Spiller

P.S. If there's any way to get Graham and Thomas into your lineup at the same time, your picks become easy...Jeffery, Nelson, Thomas...Boom! Perfect first three picks!
blkeduk8er View Drop Down

Quote blkeduk8er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 6:39am
Our lineup is:
1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
2 Flex (RB, WR, TE)
1 TE
1 K
1 Def

Yes, I could select Julius Thomas and play both he and Graham.

The issue is who do you select first between Nelson and Jeffery? Another team selects between picks 1 & 3 so I need to make a good selection with first pick. I feel Jeffery has more upside and actually like Chicago's offense over Green Bay this year.

One strategy is to select Ellington first, allow him to pick Nelson or Jeffrey and then select the receiver he does not take.  With the third pick, I could go Thomas or Keenan Allen.  Just not high on Spiller or Stacy as I feel both will be in a real time share as the year goes along.  I can probably come back in the 5th round and get a good RB like Gerhart or Jennings.

1st three picks would look like this:
Ellington
Nelson or Jeffrey
Thomas or Allen
beccakins View Drop Down

Quote beccakins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 11:34am
Nelson, Jeffrey, Thomas
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.142 seconds.