RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Should I Keep?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wwagnerjr View Drop Down

Quote wwagnerjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I Keep?
    Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 7:23pm
Very tough 15 team Keeper league[NON PPR] with a Snake style draft. We can keep up to 6 players each costing 1 RD higher then there contract with anyone drafted in round 7 or later as a 6th RD keeper.

We start QB, RB, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, RB/WR, WR/TE, K, Def/ST

Scoring is as follows with every yard counting:
ALL TDs : 6 pts
Passing Yards: 1 pt per 25 yards
Rush/Rec Yards: 1 pt per 10 yards
INTs/Fumbles: [-2] per

I have the 3rd Pick in the draft. Which from the players I believe will be available in the draft pool my choices with the 3rd pick will be:

RBs: Adrian Pederson, Matt Forte, Arian Foster, Doug Martin, Le'Veon Bell

WRs: Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall

QBs: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers

Obviously 2 of those players ill get picked with picks 1 & 2 before it's my pick and with most of the teams in the league being Chicago Bear fans it's a lock Matt Forte is 1 of those 1st 2 picks. The other player is anyone's guess as people love QBs in this league and it wouldn't surprise meat all if Brees or Rodgers was the other pick, but it could also easily be Calvin Johnson, AP [Although they hate Minnesota players], Arian Foster, or even Doug Martin.

I'm definitely keeping Zac Stacy[KEEPER COST: 6th RD] and Randle Cobb[5TH RD].

I have Nick Foles, Lamar Miller, & DeAngelo Williams.

Miller would cost me a 3rd Rd pick, Williams and Foles a 4th. I generally draft QBs after the 1st 6 rounds but by doing so I'm getting someone like Ben Roethlisburger, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, Andy Dalton, Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub, Ryan Tannehill, etc. So I don't see a reason to keep Foles at a 4th Rd cost when I can draft some of those guys in the 9th or 10th Rds.

I guess the real question is if I should Keep Lamar Miller. I doubt I keep Foles unless people here tell me I should but RBs in this big league come as a premium and deciding on keeping one could be the reason someone wins the league or doesn't.

As an example of the players who are likely around in the early 3rd round when I'd be picking if I wouldn't keep Lamar Miller are:

2013 3rd Round
Ahmad Bradshaw
Tony Romo
Vernan Davis
Giovani Bernard [Obviously was only around because he was a Rookie]
Eddie Lacy [Same as above]
Vincent Jackson
Jay Cutler
Wes Welker
Marquis Colston

1. Well with that info do I keep Lamar Miller?

2. If Forte and Pederson get drafted 1 2 do I pick Calvin Johnson, a QB like Rodgers, or go for the biggest risk reward type player in Foster or Martin? or do I try to trade down to maybe around pick 10-13 and at worst end up with Le'Veon Bell who I'm high on or best available at that spot?

KEEPER DEADLINE IS THURSDAY NIGHT, AUGUST 7TH, SO ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED. I know it's a lot to take in and understand without actually seeing or being in the league.
bal2130 View Drop Down

Quote bal2130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 2:33pm
Please don't keep either of those rbs, and honestly what kind of league drafts Cobb in the 6th round and foles in the 5th last year?
wwagnerjr View Drop Down

Quote wwagnerjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by bal2130

Please don't keep either of those rbs, and honestly what kind of league drafts Cobb in the 6th round and foles in the 5th last year?

I drafted Nick Foles in the 15th Rd but since without question I'm keeping Zac Stacy and Randall Cobb with my 5th & 6th keeper Rd slots I'd have to use a 4th Rd keepers lot to keep Foles. Which I said I wasn't doing unless I got feedback from ppl on here I should.

As for Randall Cobb I drafted him a few years ago and because of a league rule about anyone drafted in Rd 7 or late costing a 6th Rd pick to keep I had to keep him for a 6th Rd pick last year and now this year the cost will be a 5th. With 15 teams in the league and an average of about 40 total Keepers keeping Cobb for a 5th Rd pick is outstanding value and Stacy for a 6th even better value.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.