RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Need trade help asap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
abbottandcostello View Drop Down

Quote abbottandcostello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need trade help asap
    Posted: 05 Jul 2014 at 12:09pm
Hi,In a N.L. ONLY 12 team,25 man roster [15 offense,10 pitchers] $280 draft day budget,long term keeper league get the guys for 3 years and have the option to sign long term in year 3 at 5.00 per year extra on their current salary.Would you trade Oscar Taveras $7 year 1 for Adam Wainwright $47 [would't keep him next year] & Starling Marte $17 already under long term contract thru 2016?I am in 1st by 7 points & keeping in mind top players go for a lot Cargo went $64 & WainWright was highest pitcher at $47.Who is better player also Taveras or Marte for fantasy?Thanks.

Quote abbottandcostello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 6:19pm
Any Suggestions
TrojanJAG View Drop Down

Quote TrojanJAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 9:55pm
Your league is similar to mine. I would do this deal in a heartbeat. The season is just past half over and a 7 point lead is not safe. In my league, the guys who are in it to win will make trades to improve their teams (and you will have injuries), so you can not expect the rest of the season to be a repeat of what has happened. This trade makes your team a lot stronger this year, so do it...if winning this year is your top priority. The only way I would not do this trade is if you are confident that you will win without doing it, or if you can negotiate a trade which helps you more.

Botton line is that you are giving up value in 2015 and 2016 ($7 Taveras is worth more than $17 Marte for those) in order to improve your chances of winning this year. But you can't expect your trade partner to give you Wainright for nothing. There is no question that Wainright and Marte will deliver more this year (barring injury).

Quote abbottandcostello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 8:31pm
Thanks I was able to get Wainwright for Archie Bradley I didn't get Marte but I got to keep Taveras.
TrojanJAG View Drop Down

Quote TrojanJAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 1:54pm
That's great! Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.