RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Greinke for Rizzo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greinke for Rizzo
    Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 10:00am
So...normally, I wouldn't bother, but I'm actually considering this.

Keeper League, Roto. I have Rizzo (other 1B = Adams, McGee, Posey, Blanks, Trumbo, Morse).

I can use the arm...but I like Rizzo as a potential keeper. And I've never been a huge Greinke fan...
peifer007 View Drop Down

Quote peifer007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 10:46am
I would keep rizzo if it were my team. I think there are better pitchers to keep than Greinke. I also see better potential going forward from rizzo.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 11:19am
I agree keep Rizzo.1b is a rather thin position-just look at whats out there and will be hard to fill.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 11:17am
I turned down and dude just offered Scherzer for Rizzo....

I think I have to take that....
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 12:37pm
Like Scherzer better but Rizzo is young in keeper. I still take Scherzer side though.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 5:15am
I just made the same type of trade. Got Bumgarner for C. Davis. Sick of his avg even though I need his power on my team. But wanted the 24 year old SP. Love his 3 year avg of 195 K, low 3 era and 1.10 whip. I like trading for young sp's in keeper leagues once they are proven stars.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 7:39am
Like RIZZO a good deal but yes you have to take Mad Max here.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2014 at 11:54am
Yeah...I am a big fan of Rizzo and I hated pulling the trigger on this one...but just can't pass on Max.

And Lablue, I think you got a great deal on Davis. He is under performing, may have a monster second half, but it's hard to wait on that. And, his crazy good season last year was fueled by the first half and he declined in the second half. I'd be willing to bet he was a 'roider and just went for a single cycle. I can see Davis has a 30 HR guy, but I doubt he'll ever sniff 40+ again.   And in his attempt to do so, he'll become Adam Dunn without the walks. Maybe a Mark Reynolds type of player...

So yeah...I'd take Bum over Davis most days of the week....
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.035 seconds.