RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Charlie Blackmon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DonnaMarie View Drop Down

Quote DonnaMarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charlie Blackmon
    Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 9:06am
What are realistic expectations for Charlie Blackmon for the entire season. Obviously he wont hit .400 but he did hit over .300 last year once he got regular playing time. Is .300, 15 HR, 70 RBI, 85 R and 20 SB a reach or is it realistic?
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 11:22am
IMO with Blackmon you have to make your guestimate and go with it until proven otherwise. The Rockies have a crowded outfield of relatively equal talent fantasy wise. Blackmon has the opportunity now so it's a matter of continuing to produce. That is only a guess with a player like Blackmon since he has show good and bad before. That and the fact that Dickerson may be a guy they have to give more starts to since he is so productive against right handed pitchers and does many things well.

I look at Blackmon as a good for now guy. While I wouldn't bet on him continuing to produce I wouldn't be against it either. Tyler Colvin had an incredibly good season a couple of years ago in Colorado so it can happen for anyone :-)
wvc5012 View Drop Down

Quote wvc5012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 8:26pm
I think blackmon could be a good one.. Relatively High draft pick and he played well in AAA 185g 18hr 123rbi 29sb .384/.493./.877 PCL but he is also playing coors field.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 10:18am
Blackmon was drafted 72nd over all as the 26th pick in the 2nd round of the MLB draft in 2008 so he wasn't relatively high or a must grab by any MLB club in a year when the draft was not so hot in the 2nd round for talent.

That aside he is putting up good stats now. He is in Colorado which boosts his stats. The fact that he plays center field may be what keeps him in the lineup give the depth of outfielders on the Rockies. Dickerson, Stubbs, and Barnes all do figure in the mix for playing time and both Dickerson and Barnes have showed well when in as Blackmon has so as time goes on we will see.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by DonnaMarie

What are realistic expectations for Charlie Blackmon for the entire season. Obviously he wont hit .400 but he did hit over .300 last year once he got regular playing time. Is .300, 15 HR, 70 RBI, 85 R and 20 SB a reach or is it realistic?

I'd lower the RBI expectations to 50ish, and the BA to about .290. Otherwise, I think you're about right.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.