RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Justin Upton Value?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jaykayjk10 View Drop Down

Quote jaykayjk10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Justin Upton Value?
    Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 2:30pm
I'm curious as to what everyone thinks J. Upton will do this year. Last year he showed flashes of dominance at the beginning of last year, but then the wheels really fell off. I believe he has a ton of potential to be one of the top batters around, but he has big inconsistency problems and tends to strikeout a lot. What kind of production do guys see from J. Upton this year?
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 3:57pm
He's a dog..
patrick.maclean View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote patrick.maclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 4:58pm
I really believe Justin Upton can put it together. A .280 AVG, 30 HR, 90 RBI campaign is achievable for a guy like him. I would rank him as a top 10 outfielder for the year. I'm not sold that he's a "dog" or anything like his older brother. He's still only 26 and has plenty left in the tank.
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 5:26pm
He has not lived up to his potential and I don`t see it coming soon. To me he is nothing more than your average OF.
jashnew View Drop Down

Quote jashnew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 12:22pm
There is only one guy who has it right in this thread. He is a major talent. This is the year. An outfielder who hits .290 with 35 HR, 100 RBI, 100 Runs, and 20 SBs is untradeable. Those are my prediction numbers. Do not trade him. I'm all in this year because he is 26 going on 27. That's the magic age. Next year he'll go in the first round like McCutchen and Adam Jones did this year.
jaykayjk10 View Drop Down

Quote jaykayjk10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 3:38pm
Those are very high expectations; however, he has been on a tear lately. I'm looking to keep him and hope that he keeps this torrid pace up.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 10:38am
Dude...if he goes .270, 25hr, 85rbi, 15sb, with 80 runs scored, he's a stud and not tradable without serious compensation.

Everyone seems to want to see him be the earlier coming of Trout. Upton has serious value...just don't put too much hope into him being an MVP. If you get anything close to what I just put up there, you're going to be very happy to have him on your team. That's 2nd round production.
mpriester View Drop Down

Quote mpriester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 6:33pm
I've got Upton in my keeper league. He frustrated me all last year with his strikeouts and streakiness, and I've debated trading him constantly. Well, I finally have a decent offer on the table: Rodney, Ackley & Cain for Upton. I think I can replace a lot of his points with Yelich, who sits on my bench most nights and I'm in need of pitching. I lost Matt Moore and I've always been weak with my relievers. My biggest fear is Rodney loses his closer job to Farquar, so I may see if the other guy will do Grilli instead. Do you guys have any thoughts on this trade? Would you do it? FWIW, my other two OFs are Harper and Myers, so I'll still be pretty strong in the field. Thanks!
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by mpriester

I've got Upton in my keeper league. He frustrated me all last year with his strikeouts and streakiness, and I've debated trading him constantly. Well, I finally have a decent offer on the table: Rodney, Ackley & Cain for Upton. I think I can replace a lot of his points with Yelich, who sits on my bench most nights and I'm in need of pitching. I lost Matt Moore and I've always been weak with my relievers. My biggest fear is Rodney loses his closer job to Farquar, so I may see if the other guy will do Grilli instead. Do you guys have any thoughts on this trade? Would you do it? FWIW, my other two OFs are Harper and Myers, so I'll still be pretty strong in the field. Thanks!

I wouldnt trade an OF just because you have 2 other ones who are good. You need to get proper value no matter how deep you are at the position. I wouldn't make that deal. It's a bunch of blah for a good player in Upton. Cain is a good pice, but you should be getting another good piece back in return. I dont give much value to closers b/c they are so volatile (and Rodney is certainly that). Ackley is a bench playerr or MI at best. I'd counter for Cain and a better offensive player from the guy's team if i were you...ask for a little bit more than you think you can get and the worst he does is reject and then you settle for what he is really worth
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.