RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Xander Bogaerts Value

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jaykayjk10 View Drop Down

Quote jaykayjk10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xander Bogaerts Value
    Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 9:22am
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on Bogaerts value this season because I'm not sure how to gauge his roster/trade value. I know he has potential but he may not be very useful this year. I'm loaded with 3B like Miggy, A-Ram, Panda, and Carpenter. What kind of value can I expect to get back for him?
Andy1300 View Drop Down

Quote Andy1300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 11:35am
He will have SS eligibility soon if that helps your problem.
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 12:55pm
depends on the nature of the league. Keeper or non-keeper? It will also depend on the team you are dealing with obviously. I just had Wilson Ramos go down for a month or two and the catchers available all suck. I would trade a lot more for a good catcher right now than i normally would. I would wait until a good SS or 3B gets hurt and then try to swoop in and get more in return for Bogaerts.

As for what that value is?

maybe a mid-tier closer or starting pitcher? Masterson/Nova/Cingrani or Street/Reed/Perkins ...if it is a keeper league I'd ask for more, but i don't know if many people would be willing to pay what he is actually worth because he hasnt lived up to the hype yet for a decent number of AB's
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 9:02am
Agree with Astro. We don't have a large sample size at the top level, but he's a top prospect and has shown great stuff at the lower levels. Might be a couple years before he's "awesome". But better to wait until a team has need or is stupidly interested in the guy.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.