RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Need advise: H2H point league drafting tonight!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ericc22 View Drop Down

Quote Ericc22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need advise: H2H point league drafting tonight!
    Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 12:57pm
Greetings,

I am a rookie, and just got dragged (happily) into a draft tonight. It is for a head-to-head league, with points - weekly lineups. The point totals for hitting and pitching are fairly standard.

I have run a few of the custom draft guide programs and they rank pitching much higher then in other projections I've seen. For example, Kershaw comes out as a 2nd pick and there are about 4 pitchers in the top 12.

Does that make sense for a weekly league - to see pitching rated so high?

Trout and Cabrera are clearly the first 2 picks. And if you had the 3rd or 4th pick would you go with Kershaw? Or do you see him as an 8 or 9? Or later?

Right now I have him at about 9th. In the 4th position I'd go for someone like Goldschmidt and if I lost Kershaw, I'd go for someone like Hernandez, Darvish or Wainwright with my next pick. That way I know I get a top hitter and a top pitcher with the top 2 picks.

Thoughts? Again, mostly curious at whether you upgrade pitching for a weekly H2H league. What round would you feel is right to go to pitching? Again, i'd start looking in the 2nd round for a top pitcher and if Kershaw were there, or Wainwright. Go for them. Otherwise I might even wait for the 3rd round in a 10 or 12 person league.

All help is most appreciated!

Thanks!

Eric
Newt017 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Newt017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:00pm
Go hitting in a mixed h2h
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:29pm
Hitting over pitching always. I like one stud SP in the first 5 rounds usually.
Ericc22 View Drop Down

Quote Ericc22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:54pm
Thanks. So you could wait as long as the 5th round to take a starting pitcher? What about Kershaw - is round 3 for him reasonable or better to wait?

Other then Zobrist and Prado, anyone have a favorite player who can cover multiple positions?

Thanks!
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 3:03pm
If Kershaw makes it to you in round 2 take him. He goes late 1st usually
cubs19082014 View Drop Down

Quote cubs19082014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 4:02pm
Go with Carlos gonzales
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.