RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Trade Has Manager Upset

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mith View Drop Down

Quote Mith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade Has Manager Upset
    Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 6:59am
A knowledgeable and experienced manager whom I regard as an asset to any league has taken considerable issue to the below exchange. He's new to this league and has posted that if this is the type of lopsided deal that occurs he will not be long for it.

I'm not interested in opinions of this manager (like I said, he's someone I regard highly). Just looking for opinions on the trade itself, and whether my own assessment of fairness is that far off .

League is a 12 team keeper 5X5 with QS instead of W.

Team A gives up: Pujols, Iwakuma, Paxton.

Team B gives up: Cole, VMart, Gattis.

I am not involved in the trade but I thought it was a pretty even exchange.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll be checking back so if you respond post a link to your questions and I'll try to help.
wwagnerjr View Drop Down

Quote wwagnerjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 9:02am
I see nothing wrong with the trade. I wouldn't have done it if I was team A, but to be fair that's hard to say not knowing the rosters. In a 12 team league I don't understand why Team A would do it, but hey I'm not inside the guys head. Maybe Cole is a better Keeper who can be kept longer, but if\ not that I'm not sure why he made the trade. Still it isn't crazy bad to where it should have been voided.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 2:25pm
fair trade. I hate vetoes. I would not want that owner in my league if he cries about a trade like this.
Mith View Drop Down

Quote Mith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 3:42pm
There was no veto. Or a call for a veto.

The background is that the manager giving up Pujols is new t othe league and inherited his team. He wasn't able to make the draft and the surrogate we arranged was unable to sign in to the draft.

So he wound up autodrafting Medlen, Minor and Iwakuma. Leaving his pitching in poor shape, especially in the first month.

He also already had Chris Davis, though I suspect he isn't very confident that Pujols is likely to bounce back to a legit keeper quality player.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 3:51pm
Still a normal trade so nothing to complain about. Nobody lijes when other teams trade since two other teams get better while yours stays the same. Anytime someone complains about a trade I show them where the door is.
wolverineca View Drop Down

Quote wolverineca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 7:34pm

Could it be driven by the fact that someone with suspect pitching is now trading away for an injured pitcher who has already had one set-back through recovery.

Provided Hamels recovers this is fair but if he is out much longer (into May or June) this starts to tip.

Even then, if Team A wants to gamble on Hamels health, that's their prerogative.

astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2014 at 8:56pm
i wouldn't make the deal if I were team A, but I have seen far worse deals....
Mith View Drop Down

Quote Mith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 1:27am
Wolverineca

No, all the players are noted by their last names. We're talking about Gerrit Cole.

The team with the banged up pitching is the same team that traded away Pujols and received Gerrit Cole.
Shane_s35 View Drop Down

Quote Shane_s35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 5:02am
Team a gets the better deal
Mith View Drop Down

Quote Mith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 5:44am
Originally posted by Shane_s35

Team a gets the better deal

Thanks for taking the time to reply but I'm not asking you who got the better deal.

I'm not asking if you think the manager is a jerk.

I'm not asking anything about vetoes.

I really just want to know if the community thinks this trade is lopsided enough that it should prompt a reaction.

Sorry if I've been unclear.

Edited by Mith - 28 Mar 2014 at 5:45am
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 6:48am
tell him to stop crying about other peoples deals and worry about his own team. All trades are fair.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 6:53am
Unless there is cheating going on of course.......
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.094 seconds.