RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

NL only trade help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
malpal View Drop Down

Quote malpal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NL only trade help
    Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 1:36pm
Nl only 10 teams 5x5. No salaries can freeze 10 indefinitely

Here are my current 10
V
Lucroy
Molina
Votto
Rendon
Prado
Arenado
Yelich
Venable
J Fernandez
Cole

If A Bradley makes the roster I'll dump Venable.

Question. Been offered BJ Upton for Venable and offered Grilli for Venable. I'm not a Venable fan intrigued with 20/20 bounce back with Upton but need a closer as best closers in draft will be street, Veras and Hawkins. I can always troll for closers but offense tough to get in this league. Appreciate your thought Which trade if any best for this team

abbottandcostello View Drop Down

Quote abbottandcostello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 2:57pm
Unless you guarantee you can get Melancon I wouldn't trade for Grilli.I would not trade Venable for B.J. he is way too iffy more than Venable.
abbottandcostello View Drop Down

Quote abbottandcostello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 3:06pm
Hi, in a N.L. only 12 team,25 man roster 15 Offense,10 Pitchers any combo starters/Relivers 12 keepers.Would you trade Yonder Alonso $5.00 [last year of his contract],Arodlys Vizcaino $4.00 [3 years left on contract] and Jonathan Gray $7.00 farm player for Carlos Martinez $7.00 [3 years left on his contract]? I have Freeman at 1b $22.00 & my starting pitchers are S.Miller &7.00,Bumgarner $17.00,A.J. Burnett $5.00 and Rosenthal $21.00 thanks.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 2:05pm
I prefer Upton's "upside" to Venable...and I'm actually a Venable fan (he's a local boy). However...we've basically seen the best of Venable, but Upton can do much better than we've seen recently...
jtemplet View Drop Down

Quote jtemplet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 6:04pm
BJ Upton Upside? I think he will be a backup 3 weeks into the season.
TrojanJAG View Drop Down

Quote TrojanJAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 6:06am
Venable has always had speed so there is no reason to think that he will not swipe 20 bags this year. His questions relate to avg. and HRs. His average last year was fueled by a career-norm BABIP and batted ball profile. There was no luck involved. Most of his improvement in avg. is due to improvement against LHP, which has been fairly good for two years now. I think his average will maintain. But I expect his HRs will fall somewhat. His HR/FB ratio that was substantially higher that his career average.

Grilli is healthy, and he is first in line for saves. He could wear down over the course of the season, but he is as certain to deliver a decent number of saves as any closer outside of the top 5. If you want greater certainty, get one of them. Otherwise Grilli is a good option.

Nobody knows what Upton will deliver. But consider that a substantial rebound is already figured into his projections, and he is still valued less Venable. His ceiling might be a little higher than Venable's, but his floor is a lot lower. I imagine that Upton's owner is desperate to get rid of him, and I would not do him any favors unless he sweetens the deal. Over the short haul, Rendon is the weakest of your keepers. If you like Upton, see if his owner will package him with an upgrade at 2nd base. Rendon is a young, hyped player who will not offer much in fantasy value until his power develops, which might not happen for a while if ever.

TrojanJAG View Drop Down

Quote TrojanJAG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 6:18am
One more thing about Upton...

Do not let yourself be deceived by his "solid" spring numbers. He has struck out in 14 of 37 ABs (38%). It is a very small sample size, but it is no better than last year (34%). I wouldn't read too much into it except that his performance to date in not indicative of a rebound, even if others suggest that it is.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 8:09am
Upton is capable of 30/30. Not saying that he's going to hit that this year, but that's a much higher ceiling than Venable. Don't reach on him, but if both players are available at the right round, I'm taking Upton every day of the week. And this is from a guy who almost ALWAYS finds a way to put Venable on my team...usually in July or August...but I did keep him a few years back @ $1.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.211 seconds.