RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Help With Big Trade - Ellsbury for Marte

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WilliesSteamer View Drop Down

Quote WilliesSteamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help With Big Trade - Ellsbury for Marte
    Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 5:31pm
12 team keeper, points league (including Saves, Holds, SBs and caught stealing); $400 salary cap. I was just offered this trade. Should I do it?

I send: Ellsbury ($28), Mike Morse ($1), Villar ($1), Mike Adams ($1) and Aaron Crow ($1)
I get: Starling Marte ($14), Jhonny Peralta ($8), Bruce Rondon ($5) and Carlos Martinez ($4) and $1

This would free up $2 of cap space, dump some dead weight (Adams and Crow) and spread my financial risk. Ellsbury is an injury risk, plus I like having a young guy like Marte at that price. I'm already set at SS and my other OFers are (start 5): Trout, Braun, Gordon, Austin Jackson.

Edited by WilliesSteamer - 16 Mar 2014 at 5:38pm
WilliesSteamer View Drop Down

Quote WilliesSteamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 5:48pm
Thoughts?
navyman540 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote navyman540 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2014 at 6:02pm
I think thats a great trade!  I personally like Marte better also.  Plus I think Peralta still has some left in the tank.  Also I love Martinez now that he has a rotation spot. 
billrieder View Drop Down

Quote billrieder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 2:35am
If you are worried about cap space, I think I might even consider making this trade without taking on Peralta. It would be difficult to replace his home run potential from SS/MI, but there are comparable options available there, who provide other assets at a lower price. Plus, having some extra coin might put Javier Baez in play for you, who would have excellent keeper potential and an outside shot at contributing this year at the MI (and maybe even SS) position. DO you think the other guy would be willing to make the same trade leaving out Villar and Peralta? At that point, I think you come out way ahead. Regardless, I like the trade FWIW. Good luck.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 7:16am
Do the deal!!!
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 7:58am
Peralta isn't juicing his season...so...maybe wait and see if he's got any gas in the tank...
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.