RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Keeper Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pmprofess View Drop Down

Quote pmprofess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeper Question
    Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 4:25pm
I have just taken over a 6x6 roto team, and the team has Ryan Howard under contract for 2014 at $14. The league has a penalty clause if you drop a player under contract, it will cost the owner $5 off the $260 cap. I am debating if Howard is worth to keep at the $14 or drop him and use the $9 somewhere else.

Thoughts?

Edited by pmprofess - 17 Feb 2014 at 4:44pm
jolie View Drop Down

Quote jolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 6:22pm
WIthout knowing your categories and line-up situation, I can't tell for sure, but the easy math is this: In 6X6 do you think that Howard will earn you more than $9 of profit in categories of need? If yes, you keep, if no, cut. If he can be platooned against RHP in your league, he may be worth it.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 6:29pm
I don't like him for 14. But I also hate to give away money for nothing. How many teams?
seps View Drop Down

Quote seps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 4:26am
I'd keep him if it's an NL only league... he's worth $9.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.