RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Two trades...rate them.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two trades...rate them.
    Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 11:42am
So, I've made two trades in a keeper league.

Trade #1
Traded Away: E. Encarnacion + C. Gomez
Recieved: M. Trumbo + S. Marte

Trade #2
Gave: F. Freeman
Got: A. Rizzo + Y. Cespedes

The First trade seems more of a wash - and if Gomez has another awesome year, I might be on the losing side. But Trumbo moving to the NL makes me happy (and I think Edwin will decline), and Marte steals more but I lose HR's and RBI's.

I like the 2nd trade more...someone seems to REALLY like Freeman...
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 12:54pm
I think the opposite on 2nd deal. The first is a wash to me. I think you have the safer side but if Gomez does what he did last year then I think you lose some. But close deal all around.

I think you lost the 2nd one by a lot. Not sure Rizzo will ever hit for average and think he might be a lighter HR version of A. Dunn. Cespedes had a down year also. I love Freeman in a keeper league. I thnk he is a future for many years 35 hr 300 avg guy.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 12:54pm
Also the other thing is the Freeman owner does not only get Freeman he gets another player to keep also in that deal.

You also have to drop someone in the deal so have to look at that player also as being thrown in.

Edited by LABLUE - 28 Jan 2014 at 12:57pm
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 12:01pm
I would agree that I've made my keeper selections a bit more difficult. But I still don't know if I would emphatically stat that Rizzo is a poor man's Dunn. He had a year of bad BA. I think he'll be a .270-.280 with 30 HR potential. Cespedes had a down year and will be back to his previous year's performance.

Freeman - he had an outstanding start to last year...but he's a soft SoCal boy and I believe we've seen the best he can do...
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 10:33am
All that really matters is if you are happy with the value you got. I never really care what others think about my deals since we all have different values on each player.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.032 seconds.