RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

4 player keeper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tripwired View Drop Down

Quote tripwired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 player keeper
    Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 2:54pm
It's a 5x5 mixed. I keep four of these without any restrictions or limits. It's between:
Cargo
Harper
Braun
Segura
Stanton
J. Fernandez

I have the 7th pick in the draft of 10 teams for the non-keepers.I plan to keep Cargo & Harper, but I'm unsure about who to keep with the other two spots. I normally wouldn't consider keeping a pitcher, but Fernandez is so young & has dominant stuff. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by tripwired - 17 Jan 2014 at 2:56pm
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 8:55pm
CarGo,Harper,Fernandez,Braun
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 9:52pm
Same as Steel said.
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 6:53am
agree
tripwired View Drop Down

Quote tripwired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 9:00am
Sweet! I was trying to come up with several excuses to keep Fernandez. I just needed a little confidence to do so. Thanks for the input.
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 9:10am
I would go CarGo, Harper, Stanton, Fernandez....I go Stanton over Braun. Braun is locked into a crappy Milwaukee team for a few more years, and who knows what he will be post-PED's...Stanton has the inury concerns, but the power is legit. And just stomach his bad team for 1 or 2 more years, and he will soon be dealt to the Yankees/Dodgers/Red Sox where he will just pile up the RBI's
tripwired View Drop Down

Quote tripwired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 5:54pm
Astro, you have a nice point there. Braun worries me, because who really knows how much he was on & how long/frequently he cycled. I juiced in the past for strength & cosmetic purposes when I was younger. Not something I'm proud of, but I noticed a big difference when I played ball ON the sauce vs OFF. It's as much of a mental edge as anything... Plus the strength & endurance benefits. It's a concern for me, but there are so many unknowns to really make a sound decision on Braun. I'm always the type to choose power hitters over good solid hitters without big pop. I guess if Braun can avg.290/hr25/rbi100/steal25, then I'd have a dilemma. I'd prefer to roll with power(Stanton), but it would be a tough choice. Which ever one I don't keep, they'll likely be gone when it's my pick at #7 in the first round. Segura could be there, but not Braun or Stanton. Choices...Choices
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 8:12pm
it's a tough one, and could go either way. Good luck!
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 9:59pm
keep both. Tons of SP out there. Fernandez will be stuck on that bad team for many years. And even worse when Stanton is gone. I love the kid but not over your other choices.
sno420brdr View Drop Down

Quote sno420brdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 10:37am
Id go 4 hitters. Cargo, Harper, Braun and Stanton. Itll be easier to find pitchers in the draft than hitters. Only concern here is youre keeping 4 OF which i try to steer clear of.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 3:36pm
I'd keep Harper, Cargo, Stanton and Segura. Top shortstops are always kept, and he could be one of the best. I just don't trust Braun to stay clean.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 6:42pm
Not worried about the final 3 months from Segura?
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 6:54pm
Not much. 
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 7:38pm
I will probably have Braun about 10th on my board and Segura about 35th. I think Braun is like Arod and Bonds. Was already a start and top prospect before he started cheating. Should still be very good.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 7:48pm
You're assuming he won't try to cheat again...
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 8:37pm
Id be more worried about every player that has not got caught cheating YET more than a player getting caught for a 2nd time.
higgsboson View Drop Down

Quote higgsboson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 12:48pm
Keep Fernandez. This guy is legit and will only get better. Sure there are plenty of SP that will be available, but not many in that elite tier and Fernandez is one of them.
Crewsers View Drop Down

Quote Crewsers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 3:20am
Cargo
Harper
Segura
J. Fernandez

Stanton will get his dingers but with few RBIs. There is no reason to pitch to him. Braun will not post super numbers from past. Segura with 40 plus SBs and double digit HRs and good BAvg at SS is a better choice in my opinion. Fernandez is a rare talent at P.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.