RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Rondo is coming back - who would you drop?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
roastbeef View Drop Down

Quote roastbeef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rondo is coming back - who would you drop?
    Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 9:43am
I am in a ten team, H2H, 9-category league. Rondo is sitting on the waiver wire, as his owner dropped him about 3 weeks ago. Rajon looks like he is going to be back on Friday, and I want to grab him quick. Can't decide who to cut for him, though.

My guards are Conley, Lowry, Kemba Walker, Harden, Redick, Brandon Knight, and Korver.

Forwards/C: Terence Jones, Parsons, Josh Smith, Nowitzki, John Henson, Miles Plumlee, Taj Gibson

Obviously, I am stronger in the backcourt. Taj is my worst player, but I need his rebounding & shot blocking - same goes for Plumlee, and even T Jones. If I cut a guard, it has to be Knight, Korver, or Redick. I like Korver for his sneaky AST & STL in addition to good % and a ton of 3s. Knight has been a warrior since I got him off the junk pile.

I'm leaning toward Redick, because he really gives you only PTS and 3PT, with very few REB/AST/BLK/STL. My team leads the league in PTS and 3PT, while Rondo would be a huge get for me in AST, STL, and REB if he plays at all well.

On the other hand,Brandon Knight might turn back into a pumpkin, although given the Bucks' situation it seems he's going to get his minutes - and he plays both G positions, which is a little bonus over Redick.

I really wish I could move a G for a better big man, and cut Taj loose, but I have not been able to swing anything.
cdwils View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cdwils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 12:15pm
I'd get rid of Redick or Korver. You're going to more than replace the AST & STL that Korver's providing you with Rondo, so I think it comes down to where you're at with PTS & 3PT. If you need 3's, you keep Redick, otherwise cut Korver.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.