RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Keeper Dilemma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cday4 View Drop Down

Quote cday4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeper Dilemma
    Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 8:16am
I've got some tough decisions to make on my keepers. We keep 5 for a maximum of 4 years. My first three are fairly easy: Chris Davis at $7, Carlos Gomez at $3 (second to last year as keeper) and Puig at $2. The last two spots are where it gets tricky as my options are:

Jedd Gyorko $2
Billy Hamilton $2
Manny Machado $2
Wil Myers $2
Salvador Perez $6
Kyle Seager $4
Alex Cobb $4
Julio Teheran $2
Shelby Miller $2

All of these guys would be in their second year as keepers. Assuming Machado is ready for opening day, I think I have to go with him. After that I think it comes down to Hamilton (if he's opening day starter) and Myers. Tough decisions abound. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 9:04am
Go Machado,Myers easily
ericleggs7 View Drop Down

Quote ericleggs7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 12:04pm
Tough decision, in saying that I would lean Myers and Gyorko. Wil Myers should be a fixture in the middle of the Rays lineup for years to come. Myers possesses above average power, steady speed and has the opportunity to be the next star Tampa Bay Ray. Jedd Gyorko is vastly underrated (at least as of today, that will change as the fantasy baseball season kicks into full swing). A second baseman with twenty to thirty home run power is as rare as it gets in fantasy baseball and Gyorko has it. He may hurt your batting average a little bit, but again power like this is RARE!!!

2014 Projected Stats

Wil Myers OF Tam: 82 Runs - 26 Home Runs - 90 RBI - .270 AVG. - 10 SB

Jedd Gyorko 2B S.D.: 65 Runs - 25 Home Runs - 75 RBI - .255 - 2 SB

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 12:06pm
eric so you are saying you would take Gyorko over Machado?You are in the minority for sure...

Quote ericleggs7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 12:26pm
Yes Steelcity that is what I'm saying. Both players are works in progress especially when it comes to there approach at the plate. In saying that give me a healthy middle infielder with 30 HR potential over a 21 year old injured third baseman with 20 HR potential. Both players offer tremendous upside, I just think Gyorko is a little further advanced at this point and the horrific knee injury Machado suffered in late September pretty much negates the SB threat he "kind of" was....

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 1:03pm
Ok well everyone has their own opinion....I take Machado 100 times out of 100
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 1:41pm
Sorry, but i dont get the Machado love-fest. He seems to me like a player who's on-field intangibles and ability puff up his fantasy value a little too much. Unfortunately, his other-wordly defense doesn't factor into the 5 scoring categories.

I would keep Myers for sure, and then either Miller or Hamilton. I dont know how you feel about keeping pitchers, but i wouldnt be afraid of keeping Miller at all. And then Hamilton is a guy who can almost single-handedly win you a category. How do you not consider him for that reason alone?
cday4 View Drop Down

Quote cday4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 2:13pm
Yeah, these are all the same internal questions I've been asking myself. I think I will just have to revisit later on when we find out how good of shape Machado is in and whether Hamilton will be starting/leadoff.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 2:31pm
1- Myers
2- Machado
3- Hamilton

4- Gyorko

Hamilton and Machado are close to me.

Quote ericleggs7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 3:46pm
I would also keep Sal Perez over Machado if it is a 2 Catcher league.
stacksondeck View Drop Down

Quote stacksondeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 11:04pm
stillsleepingonTeheranWacko
Crewsers View Drop Down

Quote Crewsers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 3:24am
Myers, Miller
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 6:42pm
I'd keep Myers and Hamilton. The bidding on Hamilton's stolen bases will be ridiculous. As much as I like Shelby Miller, you got him for 2 bucks last year, and you'll get someone similar for 2 bucks this year.  
cdwils View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cdwils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 11:48am
1. Myers
2. Machado
3. Gyorko
4. Miller

Myers for sure...he's a stud. The second guy gets a bit more dicey. I'd go with the upside of Machado...but Gyorko and Miller are nice players too.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.066 seconds.