Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kurtb777 View Drop Down

Quote kurtb777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help
    Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 4:32am
Hshskskfkfkf
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 5:11am
I take that deal.
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 11:34am
maybe he should ask for waergghtjhdfgjs instead?
kurtb777 View Drop Down

Quote kurtb777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 7:07am
Hey guys need to take 6 fellas from my winning team last year, to make this a repeat offence ! As some are obvious picks, others are not. Mccutchen, Gomez, freeman, beltre, kinsler, holiday, granderson, hosmer, cliff lee, anibal Sanchez, garrit cole, kenley Jensen, liriano, Sheilds, and medley. Please help
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 7:28am
McCutchen
Freeman
Gomez
Beltre
Lee

Last one is close with alot of guys for me. Kinsler is on the downside but if you start a MI spot I might go with him. I like Cole also in a keeper league since he should keep getting better. Since you have Freeman and Beltre I can pass on Hosmer.
kurtb777 View Drop Down

Quote kurtb777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 7:55am
Ok thanks man. No go on holiday though? He did lead my team in runs scored last season
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 7:58am
I have no problem with Holliday over Kinsler as well. The last spot is close to me. I had you already keeping 2 outfielders though already. What is your roster size? 30 or 5 of's and do you use a MI and CI spot?
higgsboson View Drop Down

Quote higgsboson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 1:44pm
Holliday. The guy just consistently puts up great numbers
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 8:30pm
Freeman, Hosmer, McCutchen, Gomez, Beltre, Sanchez.

Sanchez is on a much better team than Lee, with a much improved defense. He k'd 202 in only 182 IP, with a 2.57 ERA and 1.15 WHIP. He won't be 30 until next month. No way I'd keep Lee over him.

Quote higgsboson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 7:43pm
For Lee, he may get less wins, but dont draft based on wins. He is a consistent 200K  ERA around 3.0 and a great whip 1.06 is a good baseline. For next year a much better bet than Sanchez. He wont have a 2.57 era this year. The upside on whip for 200+IP puts Lee in the elite tier.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 7:55pm
Only thing I like about Sanchez in a keeper league over Lee is age. I still keep Lee easily for me though.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 8:03pm
It might not matter, but Lee did lose an MPH off his fastball last season. He's 35 years old, and this is a keeper league.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 9:04pm
If Sanchez is the same pitcher as last year then I keep him but if he is the same as the other6-7 years then he is very average and Lee is a stud. Even if Lee had one year left I take him. If Sanchez does the same as last year again then at this time next year I wold probably change my mind.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 10:58pm
Well, according to fangraphs, Sanchez used his sinker more than 13% of the time in 2013. He used it 15% of the time in 2010 but only 6 and 5% in 2011 and 2012, respectively. He also used his changeup far more often, at 24% of the time. He used it between 12 and 19% of the time in previous years.

Verlander, Scherzer and Fister all used the changeup to great effect, too. I'd say a makeover by the Tigers pitching/ coaching staff did him wonders.

I watched him all season, and I really like what I saw from him. I'm buying.

Quote higgsboson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 7:50am
sure I like him a lot as well, but I still think Lee ends the season with better value because of his ridiculously low WHIP and consistency.
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 5:07pm
Cutch
Beltre
Freeman
Holliday
Gomez
Sanchez

I was going to say Lee, but lvt's point about this being a keeper league is a solid one. Sanchez is a great pitcher on a great team...keep him

case closed.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 5:53pm
I'm a little surprised that you guys are tossing Hosmer back in a keeper league.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 7:22pm
15 hr 1b is weak. If he builds on last year then I will be a buyer. I would not be shocked if he goes back some in a few cats this year from last. But I could also see him take that next step and be very good also.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2014 at 10:11pm
It was 17, but I know where you're coming from.

However, according to CBS, he was the 7th highest scoring 1B. He hit .302, scored 86 runs, had 79 rbi, and swiped 11 bases.  Not bad for a 23 year old.

High batting average guys are getting harder and harder to find, too.

I understand that Matt Holliday is Mr. Consistent, but I'll take the 24 year old kid with 17 HR over the 34 year old with 22 HR. His power numbers are declining, and Hosmer's are rising.

kurtb777 View Drop Down

Quote kurtb777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 5:20am
hey fellas im sorry my phone app gave my quiet the time trying to reply to your posts. but ive been wanting to get back to you as your advice is great and im taking in everything, that being said im not sure what you mean by MI spot or CI spot if you dont mind explaining. also its a 22 man roster.

seems to be a general consensus on the four players cutch, freeman, gomez, and beltre. i assumed it was really my field that won it for me last year which is why im surprised to hear you guys say i should keep a pitcher. seeing as i might be able to draft a better pitcher then both lee or sanchez. but thats a big maybe!

what if i kept freeman, kinsler, beltre, cutch, gomez, and holiday? whats the opinion on keeping all fielders?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.031 seconds.