RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Bounce Back Player 2014....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bounce Back Player 2014....
    Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 7:24am
Who do you think will have the biggest bounce back season ? Couple of names come to mind....Cain,Kemp,Stanton,Castro,Votto,Lincecum,Verlander.think I am going Cain.Feel free too add to list.Biggest bust?Cano,Crush Davis,interesting topic feel free to send both.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 8:22am
Steel..You need to delete al your old pvt messages....lol....Wont allow anymore.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 8:28am
Deleted...thanks
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 8:46am
Cain: Still had a 1.16 whip and the 3rd best k/9 of his career last year. His total k's were down because he did not have the same IP as the past 5-6 years. His strand rate is what hurt him last year. I rank him the same as I did the past few years.

Kemp: Was just hurt the past few years. Still could be great if he stays healthy. He is like Cargo/Tulo to me. Stud when healthy but almost sure to miss time.

Stanton scares me with no team around him. He gets drafted way to high for me. If he fell a few rounds lower I would take him but he never doe so I never get him. Hit in the 240's last year with one SB. Runs and rbi will be low with that team. Still can hit 40 HR though.

Lincecum: I think Lincecum hit his projections from most sites last year. This is who he is now.

Votto had a great year. Led the league in walks is what hurt his counting stats some. Hit over 300, 100+ runs, 6 sb(for a 1b) not bad. 2nd best OBP of his career.People just wanted a little bit more power numbers from him in fantasy.

Stratomatic View Drop Down

Quote Stratomatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 11:29am
Based on regressing to the mean, I would pick Castro out of all these guys. Has a new Manager and perhaps the Cubs abandon the approach of making Castro more patient and let him go back to being more of a free swinger that worked for him from 2011-2012.

Cain should improve and had a good September but based on his historical numbers I don't expect an ERA too far under 4.00.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 2:08pm
I really like Cain this year since he will be undervalued imo. 3.00 era, 1.15 whip, 185 k's. 17-6 record.
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 11:33am
 BJ Upton has to be on this list, right? He was sooooo incredibly bad last year that even a below-average season for him would be a big bounceback. I would like to think that he has a decent year by his standards. I don't know how low he will go, but i think he will be around in the second half of every draft. At his best he is a 6th-7th round pick, and he should be available in the 17th and after....
ericleggs7 View Drop Down

Quote ericleggs7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 12:39pm
Yoenis Cespedes should rebound in 2014. The power is legit, the speed should return with health and no way he hits .240 again! I will be investing in Cespedes in 2014.

2014 Projection
Yoenis Cespedes OF Oak: 85 Runs - 30 Home Runs - 90 RBI - .275 AVG. - 12 SB

Edited by ericleggs7 - 10 Jan 2014 at 12:39pm
Jwalk100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jwalk100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2014 at 3:37pm
I am betting on Chase Headley bouncing back.
demond_fisher View Drop Down

Quote demond_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 12:44pm
Joey Votto and Ryan Braun will bounce back this year. I also think staying healthy Matt Kemp should be a third round steal this year.
copemoney View Drop Down

Quote copemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 3:48pm
Braun I think has a big deal

Maybin, if he stays healthy, should produce decent results

BJ Upton- can't be any worse than last year

lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 11:49am
I like Cain and Headley. Headley will come quite cheap, and Cain will probably be drafted in the same round as Yovani Gallardo, but outperform him by quite a bit.

Prior to last season, Cain and King Felix had posted very similar numbers:

Cain  235 starts, 85-78, 3.27 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 7.5 k/9, 124 ERA+
Felix  238 starts, 98-76, 3.22 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 8.3 k/9, 128 ERA+

He's well worth the minimal risk.

LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2014 at 8:28am
I will probably end with Cain in most of my leagues this year since he will be down to most people .
higgsboson View Drop Down

Quote higgsboson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 12:44pm
Cain definitely.
Aaron Hill could put up great numbers, and will be cheaper due to his injury last season.
Ditto for Ben Revere, a sneaky cheap grab for 40+ SB and solid avg.
BJ Upton would have to be very cheap for me to take a gamble.
I like Stanton for next year. He still is one of the few players to have the power to take the HR crown.

Bust: Chris Johnson. No way he repeats those numbers, especially avg.
I'd stay away from Lincecum and Kemp (just don't see him getting more than 400 or so abs this year.
Crewsers View Drop Down

Quote Crewsers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 3:22am
Cain, no doubt in my mind.
whoson1st0 View Drop Down

Quote whoson1st0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 9:13am
I think Cain is one of those guys on everyone's list...if anything you'll get him maybe a round later or a couple dollars cheaper, but I don't expect a huge bargain on him.

Cespedes K's went up last year, his BA won't rebound until his gets his contact rate back up. Certainly possible, but his BA last year wasn't because he was unlucky.

Stanton is also one of those guys that will still be hard to get a bargain on because his potential is just so high. Similar to Cain, you might be able to get him a round later or few dollars cheaper but not much.

BJ Upton is definitely someone you can get cheaper. I think similar to Dunn a couple years ago, his year was SO bad with no sign up coming out of it that people are going to stay away until very late in a draft. You can definitely get a bargain on him IF he bounces back. Personally he burned me last year so not sure I'd be taking a chance on him again. But someone else certainly will.

Not betting on a Headley bounceback, i think he had his career year.

I'm hoping there is no Cano bust, I'm keeping him for $28 and I need him to have another #1 2bman year.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.