Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Pick 2 For this Week - Flex & RB2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
anthony_jc View Drop Down

Quote anthony_jc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pick 2 For this Week - Flex & RB2
    Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 12:45pm
Here's the decision I'm facing:

Hakeem Nicks @ Oak
Andre Ellington @ Hou
Pierre Thomas @ Dal

I want to put in Ellington since he's coming off a great week and but has a tough matchp.  Nicks against Oak is a better matchup but lower upside. Thomas vs. Dal could be a big score but I'm up against Brees so the points are somewhat negated. 

I need to put in an RB2 and a Flex from these guys...

Anyone have anything to add or is this just as tough as I think it is? Luckily I'm not considering anyone playing tonight so there's some time to choose. 

Thanks team!
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 1:23pm
I go with Nicks, and it is just a hunch. His rec. yards have been okay this season, he just isnt finding the endzone. I think he is going to break out soon and have a big game. But of course, most of his problems are really Eli problems anyways....

i avoid all New Orleans backs like the plague, so i guess i would go with Ellington. Only problem with him is the fact that Mendenhall is going to get the bulk of the carries inside the 20. Still, i think there is enough potential there to edge out Pierre. And the Houston defense is not that great. I think it is a favorable match-up for any running back
anthony_jc View Drop Down

Quote anthony_jc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 7:56pm
Thanks for the insight astrofanatic! I tend to agree with you but it's so tough going against every ranking out there that puts Thomas over Ellington. Conflicting info about Ellington & Mendenhall's split on the number of carries; some saying Ellington will get the majority and some agree with your analysis that Mendenhall will. It's only Thursday night and I think I've swapped Ellington and Thomas 10 times in the past 2 hours.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Good stuff to think about.

Post Reply Post Reply