RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Blockbuster Trade Help Please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ptangalos View Drop Down

Quote ptangalos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blockbuster Trade Help Please!
    Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 8:55pm
My roster in a 12-team 1PPR league starting 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1Flex (R/W/T)

QB: Tom Brady, Jake Locker (bye week fill in for Brady this week)
RB: Adrian Peterson, Danny Woodhead, Andre Ellington, David Wilson, Andre Brown, Willis McGahee
WR: Jordy Nelson, Mike Wallace, Hakeem Nicks, Denarius Moore, Kenbrell Thompkins
TE: Jason Witten
K/Def: Who cares

Team B's roster:
QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Arian Foster, Eddie Lacy, Darren McFadden
WR: Wes Welker, Danny Amendola, Alshon Jeffrey, Michael Crabtree
TE: Gronk

I have been offered Ryan/Foster/Amendola for Brady/Ellington/Jordy.

Thoughts on this offer? Any counter offers you'd suggest? Thanks guys
ScottCochran View Drop Down

Quote ScottCochran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 12:29am
Do NOT do it with Arian Foster the deal unless it is a keeper league. Foster has back & hamstring issue and could miss the rest of the season depending on the MRI. I would much rather have Eddie Lacy than Arian Foster the test of the way.

Brady is just finally coming alive now that Gronk and Amendola are healthy, and Ryan is not doing well at all recently without Roddy & Julio. Brady would be a big upgrade for the other team, especially since they have Gronk too, so use that as leverage. My strategy would
be to counter without Ryan in the trade and play the matchup's with QB's. That will give you more value in the trade because you will not be getting a QB and will force him to give you more. If you can get Terrell Pryor, Nick Foles, Jason Campbell, or Mike Glennon I would roll with them over Ryan.

Getting rid of Jordy is a good thing right now since Rogers is out but he is your best WR and you can trust Amendola's health as a replacement.

I would counter the following:

Brady/Ellington/Jordy/Wallace for Welker/Amendola/Lacy.

If you want to sweeten the deal
for him throw in Andre Brown. You will be just fine with AP, Lacy, and Woodhead at RB down the stretch.

That should really improve your team...
ptangalos View Drop Down

Quote ptangalos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:01am
Didn't go for the counter, but currently been offered Ryan/Lacy/Welker/Amendola for Brady/AP/Jordy/Ellington ...... thoughts?
ptangalos View Drop Down

Quote ptangalos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 11:04am
I think that is not favorable, but I am definitely willing to work with him and pass AP along if the deal is right..
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 7:10am
i wouldn't have accepted any of those deals. I always want to be receiving the best player in any deal i take. I think Brady (and then AP) is the best player in the deal, and he is going to the other team...
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 7:11am
Foster is done for the year as well, and given his injuries this year, i dont think i'd rely on him as a keeper either.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.