RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

trade shot down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trade shot down
    Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:34pm
I am currently in a 10 team league. With Rodgers down for the next 3 weeks or so, i thought i'd take advantage. I have Phillip Rivers as a back-up to Matt Stafford, and with the Lions Bye Week passed i have no need for Rivers. So i thought i'd offer Rivers to the team with Rogers since Roethlisberger is the best on the waiver wire. I have a glaring hole at TE (currently employing Jordan Reed), so i need to improve there. So i offered the other team Rivers (top 10 QB this year) for TE Gronkowski. The other team has Antonio Gates to fall back on...

I am hoped they would accept, but it didnt happen. they are currently 2nd in the league, but not by much. I am in 4th and i dont like the idea of helping someone ahead of me, but i think the addition of Gronk makes me the clearly best team in the league. I currently have the most points scored in the league, so Gronk would really put me over the top

Edited by astrosfanatic - 05 Nov 2013 at 5:48pm
ryanthemagi View Drop Down

Quote ryanthemagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 5:05pm
If I were in his shoes, I would not take that trade. I would much rather have Roethlisberger/Gronk than Rivers/Gates. In a best case scenario it's a wash for him, so why bother?

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 5:54pm
Yeah, i was hoping they would accept it just in panic of losing Rodgers. Although, Rivers has been very good this year and is easily 6-7 points better a week than anyone available. I think the drop-off from Gronk to Gates is around 6-7 as well...

I dont think it's a horrible deal. His team plays 2 of the top 5 teams in these next 2 weeks and could really be hurting without Rodgers, or a QB of his caliber, in the line-up. Like i said, he is currently 2nd, but 3rd and 4th are really close behind...i think he might be motivated to make a deal

Weldeab08 View Drop Down

Quote Weldeab08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 8:59am
I wouldn't do that either. Gronk has the ability just by himself to give him qb numbers, Gates doesn't. If I were you, I'd target a flex player off his team. 1 qb leagues make it hard to trade qbs for value

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 11:58am
Ok, i am working back and forth with him. He is interested in Rivers but wants more (as he should). So i was thinking of counter-offering with Rivers and Josh Gordon or DeSean Jackson. I might try Gordon first and Jackson second. He has Larry Fitz and Demaryius Thomas already. I think either of my WR would be an upgrade at the flex position at minimum.

My big question in all of this is does making my team better while helping my competition really help me at all???

Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.