RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

What is the Perfect Roster Size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the Perfect Roster Size
    Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 1:22pm
Having an interesting discussion with one of my leagues about roster size.

My belief is that the bigger the roster, the less it's about the weekly movement and more about player hoarding.

If you reduce roster size, then more people need to make more decisions and there's a lot more movement.

Sure...maybe it affects trades, but if you're going to go with larger rosters, you really should have keepers to help push trading...otherwise you're overpaying for everything you want to trade for...

My perfect roster size?

QB, WR, WR, TE, RB, RB, Flex, DST with no more than 5 bench positions.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:49am
63 views and not a single comment? Is this a toxic question? Or does no one truly have an opinion on it? Or maybe it's my breath...I promise I brushed my teeth this morning...
rkinigson View Drop Down

Quote rkinigson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 8:00pm
There is no such thing as a perfect roster size. Too many factors to consider.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 10:05am
Like?
rkinigson View Drop Down

Quote rkinigson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 6:28pm
1. Number of teams in the league
2. Starting lineup requirements
3. Waiver process
4. Trade rules
5. IR roster spots, if any
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by daswah

I like this set-up. And i agree that deeper rosters limit movement.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 11:49am
@rkinigson,

Let's say standard set up with 10-12 team rosters. Starting roster requirements are the point of discussion. Standard waiver and trade rules. IR spots are meaningless unless it's a keeper league.

I would state that a keeper league does change things...but nothing else is really a factor. Smaller roster, to me, is always better.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by astrosfanatic

Originally posted by daswah

I like this set-up. And i agree that deeper rosters limit movement.

I'm in two leagues that basically have enormous rosters and the leftover players are fairly meaningless. I call it player hoarding. Other's call it draft preparedness...

Interestingly enough, both leagues tend to feel the same way. One of them is a 2 QB league...and I just lost Rodgers in that league...and my only available option is Cassel...who doesn't actually play...
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.