RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Getting crushed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Farmer1 View Drop Down

Quote Farmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting crushed
    Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 2:26pm
First my team

10 team PPR

Starters:
QB: Romo
RB1: McCoy
RB2: Forte
WR1: Decker
WR2: Edelman
TE: Finley
Flex: Bush

Bench:
Roddy White
Lamar Miller
Ryan Mathews
Rashard Mendenhall
Fred Jackson
Sam Bradford
Keenan Allen
Terrance Williams

I'm currently 1 & 5, partly due to my own decisions and partly due to high scores against me (I'm over 100 pts ahead of every other team in point against)

I love my team, I feel like a hoarder with so much depth on my bench, but I need to turn things around starting this week. Looking for suggestions on ways to improve. I just picked up Allen and Williams on waivers today but I don't know if they're worth starting over Edelman, especially if Amendola can't get healthy. Should I trade one of my big 3 RB's for an elite WR and move one of my bench RB into my lineup and if so, which one? I feel like I've got pieces to make a big move, but I don't want to risk blowing this thing up.
EazyE76 View Drop Down

Quote EazyE76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 7:08pm
Bench Edelman and start Allen. Sam is not worth a bench spot and mendenhall is overrated. If Ellington is out there pick him up.
apachebush View Drop Down

Quote apachebush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 9:56am
Ellington looked like sh*t...don't add him! I would not move either of your rbs, in a ppr league those guys are the bigger studs out there! I would try to trade Fred Jackson. Throw in Edelman/Roddy White for AJ green or Calvin Johnson in your league...Either way try to move Jackson and get a replacement for Edelman...If Roddy can get healthy he could be huge for you as well. Good luck, nice team!

Edited by apachebush - 19 Oct 2013 at 9:57am
apachebush View Drop Down

Quote apachebush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 9:59am
Oh I see 1-5, Tough breaks with your lineup, FFB can be frustrating like that huh!
mlittle1105 View Drop Down

Quote mlittle1105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 11:59am
For what its worth, I feel your pain. I'm 2-4, yet I am the second highest scorer in my league. I have the highest PA by far. Twice, I was the second highest score of the week but had the misfortune of playing the high scoring player that week. And once I was the 3rd highest scorer but lost to the highest scorer. This is in a league of 10 people.

What makes the losses especially painful is that I'm the league commish. I've been doing this 15+ years. 70% of the league is newbies. When we originally generated the divisions, there was some complaining about one division being significantly weaker than the other (because one division was all newbies and the other had 3 experienced owners). So, to make everyone happy, I go in and change up the divisions which as the effect of changing the schedule. I kept track of the schedule for the original division setup (which, in retrospect, was MUCH more balanced than the revised one) and if we had stuck to that, I'm 5-1 with my only loss being within a margin of 3 points.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.031 seconds.