RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Thursday Night Football Hurts NFL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
woodtoast View Drop Down

Quote woodtoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thursday Night Football Hurts NFL
    Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 9:14am
Don't get me wrong, I love me some football! My Fantasy Football league just started our 20th season. Thursday Night Football will lead to more and more injuries, and ruin careers. Even with all the discussions of shortening the preseason and extending the regular season schedule, the NFL will always have relatively short seasons. The reason being is that this is a brutal sport and the human body can only take so much punishment. To force a team to play a game on Sunday then turn around and play on Thursday is WRONG! It is simply not enough time for an athletes body to recover. Last Thursday's game between Buffalo and Cleveland is a perfect example of this. We saw two starting quarterbacks go down. Cleveland's Brian Hoyer is out for the season and Buffalo's E J Manuel 4-6 weeks(maybe more). These two teams seasons have now been radically altered! I'm not saying this wasn't just a fluke, but it could have something to do with the lack of rest these players are given. We can still have Thursday night games. But I think the only teams that should be required to play on Thursday night should be teams that are returning from a bye week.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.094 seconds.