Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Keep 23 Players

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keep 23 Players
    Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 7:41am
12 team, 5 x 5 roto, no player salaries or contracts- you can keep as long as you like.

I managed to hold on to first place, so this team will be drafting 12th. Off-season trades must be of even numbers of players, and all traded players must be kept, so please don't suggest that I trade 3 guys for 1. It can't happen.

I did manage to land Eric Hosmer at the trade deadline. I gave Jordan Zimmerman, Salvador Perez, David Ortiz, and Nate McLouth. Zimmerman was the only one I was 100% sure to keep, so I really liked the trade.

I'm pretty sure of my first 22 keepers. My only open starting spot would be MI. Is Nick Franklin a slam dunk keeper? I've always been a fan, but he really faded down the stretch.

Here are potential guys for the 23rd spot:

Nick Franklin, Alejandro De Aza. Chris Owings, Charlie Blackmon, Kyle Parker, Khris Davis, Alex Wood, Jake Odorizzi, Alex Meyer, James Paxton

Anyone in my first 22 that you wouldn't keep? I toyed with not keeping Nathan due to age, but throwing away 40 saves might not be wise. I think Ventura has huge upside, and maybe it's a reach to keep him, but guys with 100 mph don't grow on trees.

C-  Carlos Santana
1B- Prince Fielder
2B- Jedd Gyorko
3B- Evan Longoria
SS- Troy Tulowizki
MI-
CI- Freddie Freeman
OF- Mike Trout
OF- Giancarlo Stanton
OF- Desmond Jennings
OF- Dexter Fowler
U- Eric Hosmer
U- Joc Pederson

SP- Adam Wainwright
SP- Chris Sale
SP- Patrick Corbin
P- Matt Moore
P- Derek Holland
P- Ivan Nova
P- Yordano Ventura
RP- Greg Holland
RP- Tony Cingrani
RP- Joe Nathan
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:24pm
I don`t care for Jennings at all. I`d keep De Aza over him if I had to choose. I think Franklin probably faded because he`s not used to the MLB grid. I think he`s the real deal.As far as Ventura goes I think I`d consider Alex Wood instead. He is a dynamic young Sp too. Just my opinions here but you do have some tough decisions to make.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 3:33pm
The thing about De Aza, is that at Jennings' age, he wasn't even a major league starter. He didn't get full-time work until he was 28. I usually don't trust late bloomers like him to keep up their level of performance. Jennings has long been a top prospect, and he's still only 26. Their production is very similar, but with Jennings being 5 years younger, I'll go with the upside.

My team is also very strong, so I can afford to play the upside angle on a few players.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 5:59pm
Screw closers. And old ones too. 12 guys this year had 18+ hr and 20 + sb's. De Aza was one of the 12.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 9:56am
You trade yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply