RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Stephen Hill or H Nicks Wk 4?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pleydental View Drop Down

Quote Pleydental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stephen Hill or H Nicks Wk 4?
    Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:45am
Stephen Hill or Hakeem Nicks week 4?
rkinigson View Drop Down

Quote rkinigson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 8:59am
Hill. He gets the Titans while Nicks faces the Chiefs.
Qstar View Drop Down

Quote Qstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 10:48am
Yeah, until I see the Giants put up some protection for Eli, I think Nicks is going to have to ride the bench.
flintstock View Drop Down

Quote flintstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 4:12pm
Nicks is an every week starter. You have to remember that every single fantasy player will have off games. It's just the nature of the game. You can try to pick which players will go off on a certain week if you want, but it'll end in tears. Besides, Tenn.'s defense is legit and they'll shut down the Jets easily.

Quote Pleydental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by flintstock

Nicks is an every week starter. You have to remember that every single fantasy player will have off games. It's just the nature of the game. You can try to pick which players will go off on a certain week if you want, but it'll end in tears. Besides, Tenn.'s defense is legit and they'll shut down the Jets easily.

What makes Nicks an every week starter? I understand your point for a RB1, WR1 or QB1 but in my book I seem him as a WR2. I'm looking for consistency, do you think he is consistent enough to play every week no matter what?

Quote flintstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 10:07am
He has WR1 talent and a very favorable schedule this year in a passing offense.
Qstar View Drop Down

Quote Qstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 12:12pm
Even though I said to bench Nicks, I agree with what flintstock said - especially the favourable schedule...after this week.

However, until Eli and the Giants start showing some competence, I'm willing to miss Nicks' first week of decent production.

Quote flintstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 2:38pm
Also, Nicks made a bit of a fuss about touches last week after the game. Remember what happens when a WR complains about touches. Look what happened to Antonio Brown last week or Mike Wallace the week before. It's not a lock, but I'd go with Nicks based on that alone. And if that doesn't help, then remember that Dez torched this defense a couple of weeks ago (9 rec. for 141 yds and a TD) so it's not like they're lockdown good.

Quote Pleydental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 5:01pm
Alright Flintsock I'm sold, well done sir. Thanks for the insights, much appreciated. I've been down on Nicks since I drafted him, probably clouding my judgement.
detroitguy113 View Drop Down

Quote detroitguy113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 10:16am
Have to roll Nicks out there. Coming off last week gives him upside. Hill is still nothing more than an ownable bench WR for bye weeks at this point.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.