FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Championship Week, Need Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
britter87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote britter87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Championship Week, Need Advice
    Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:14pm
Hey guys, I am in my championship of my league currently. Its a H2H points league, I am facing a team on a roll that no one thought would get this far. I need some advice on who to start this week. I'll throw out my matchups and I need to pick 7 total for the week.

Kershaw: Mon @ Col (Already started) Sun @ Cin
Sale: Tues @ NYY
Cliff Lee: Fri vs Atl
Jeff Samardjiza: Wed vs Mia
Sonny Gray: Thurs vs Hou
Homer Bailey: Tues vs Stl; Sun vs LAD
Bartolo Colon: Tues vs Tex; Sun vs Hou
Hyun-Jin Ryu: Wed @ Col

I need 6 more starts; I have highlighted the automatics that I will be starting, looks like its a total of 5 starts so I have to choose 2 more starts out of the other 6 possible starts.

Edited by britter87 - 03 Sep 2013 at 12:15pm
britter87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote britter87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:16pm
I am leaning towards Bailey Sun vs LAD, because its nice to have that Sunday night game pitchers just in case. And the matchup Colon has on Sunday vs Houston is pretty juicy... but I don't trust him anymore.
britter87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote britter87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:21pm
Possible Spot Starts instead:
- Dan Straily Sat vs Hou
- Juan Nicasio Fri @ SD
- Marco Estrada Fri @ ChC
- Nate Eovaldi Sun vs Wsh
CoachColling View Drop Down

Quote CoachColling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 3:06pm
Hey Britter, I wouldn't start Bailey vs LA. Just purely from the standpoint that the Dodgers haven't slowed down since the All-Star break. Cincy is a good team obviously, but I'm assuming you need era, k's and W's so I'm a fan of Colon at home against Houston. Even though Colon hasn't been racking up strikeouts, I've seen pitchers all year who aren't strikeout pitchers rack up 7+ k's when they face the Astros. They are in last or near last place in most offensive categories. The A's are highly motivated to win right now due to their first place tie with TX, and it is in a pitchers park. Ryu is solid and on a hot team but I avoid Coors like the plague no matter who it is most times. Cliff Lee is a solid pick too. Will strike some guys out, but also facing the first place Braves... so with all that said, my recommendation is still Colon. p.s. all your other spot starts aren't terrible.. straily is intriguing but he never gets deep enough into games to help you much. Same with nicasio. Estrada can get you some k's but the brew crew are awful right now and he has a career era north of 4.5 (without looking, i can confidently say this is probably true) Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.