RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Need fantasy advice. WR heavy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MadKat View Drop Down

Quote MadKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need fantasy advice. WR heavy
    Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 2:02pm
I did my first ever 10-man auction draft and it didn't exactly go the way I planned. Team Requirements are: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, Def

Here is my team:

QB: Cam Newton, Sam Bradford
WR: Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Cecil Shorts, Jordy Nelson, Kenbrell Thompkins, Ryan Broyles
RB: Jamaal Charles, Montee Ball, Shane Vereen, Knowshon Moreno, Bryce Brown
TE: Jimmy Grahm
K: Phil Dawson
DS/T: Cincinnati

Obviously I missed the boat on a RB2. My main question is, should I stick with this or should I take one of the three senerios:

Trade Calvin Johnson straight up for Doug Martin

Trade Julio Jones for 2 mid tier RBs like Reggie Bush

Try to move Shorts or Jordy Nelson for a better RB

Thanks for the help.
Qstar View Drop Down

Quote Qstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 2:13pm
If you could get Doug Martin for Megatron, that might be worth it.
flintstock View Drop Down

Quote flintstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 2:23pm
Did the guy pick Martin after you picked Calvin? If he didn't, why would he trade for a guy he passed over to pick Martin? I say stick with your team until you get more information about Denver's backfield. Who knows, you could be starting Moreno on a weekly basis. Besides, your WRs would be weak without Calvin in your lineup.
MadKat View Drop Down

Quote MadKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 2:32pm
Well, it was an auction draft so if he picked up Martin after is kind of irrelevant. I picked up Calvin early while people were worried about spending money on WRs.
urn4itc View Drop Down

Quote urn4itc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 8:54pm
Get Martin. You have depth at WR.
rkinigson View Drop Down

Quote rkinigson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 4:20am
Stick with what you have.
cyril.handal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyril.handal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 9:25am
don't trade calvin. I would try to trade Jones for someone like Forte or Steven Jackson. Shorts and Nelson are undervalued so you wouldn't get fair value.
bisko7 View Drop Down

Quote bisko7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 9:40am
    Is this a PPR league? If so I would keep what you have. Between Moreno and Ball you should have a viable starter. Vereen will be valuable in a PPR league this year. He's not an ideal RB2 but with Graham and your stud receivers, I don't think you need two stud backs. I like your team if it's a PPR league.
MadKat View Drop Down

Quote MadKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 9:45am
Sadly, this is not a PPR league :/

It looks like I will be sticking with what I have and hope that either Moreno or Ball step up and give me a little help at running back. Hopefully my WR and TE will make up for some of what I will be missing at RB.
bisko7 View Drop Down

Quote bisko7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 10:38am
Even if it's not a PPR I don't think your in awful shape. If you want to improve your running backs, I would not weaken your receivers though. I would instead try to move Graham for a solid back and a mid tier tight end. Graham's value is hurt in a standard league. You are more less counting on TD's. Graham will probably have 10 td's and 1100 yards which is bout 170 points in a standard league. While a far less tigh t end like Greg Olsen may have 800 yards and 5 td's which would be about 130 points in a standard league. That's only a difference of bout 3 points per week.
cyril.handal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyril.handal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 10:57am
The issue that I would have with moving Graham is that TE is a very tough position to pick in the mid tier and you will be forced to mix and match the likes of Olsen, Owen Daniels etc.
If it's standard league, I would put a high priority on upgrading the RB position as RBs are the highest scorers in standard after QB. Julio Jones had 11 rbs score more points than him last year.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.