RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Charles or McCoy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ramsfan23 View Drop Down

Quote ramsfan23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charles or McCoy
    Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 12:34pm
12 team ppr league and I got the 6th pick and I already know I have to choose between Charles or McCoy. Who do you take in that spot?
TrojanStarFFL View Drop Down

Quote TrojanStarFFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 1:23pm
I had the same choice and took McCoy. I prefer the TD upside McCoy brings, Charles has never been a volume TD guy.
Dustofbrooklyn View Drop Down

Quote Dustofbrooklyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 3:16pm
With Chip Kelly, McCoy is rumored to get 40-50 carries a game (I'll believe it when I see it), which should make any owner drool, but you, maybe less so since you're in a PPR league. But can he handle the load and stay healthy?

If you look at what Charles accomplished last year (~1750 total yards from scrimmage) on a terrible Chiefs team with a coaching staff that was ignorant on how to use Charles, you should feel pretty good. Only 6 TD's last year, true, but it's hard to blame Charles. I see him finally getting the TD numbers other top backs enjoy. And with PPR, you'll be hard pressed to find any RB with better hands than Charles (except possibly Spiller, but it seems like he is already gone in your league), who now has Alex Smith throwing to him. Maybe not the best name to throw the ball, but his lack of a cannon-arm is compensated by his smart, accurate throws.

It comes down to which new coach do you trust? I personally think the combination of Charles and Andy Reid will produce an incredible Fantasy year for Charles.

McCoy can still produce great numbers, possibly even top-10 worthy, but I expect to see the workload effect him negatively.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 4:13pm
Like Charles myself...
detlions76 View Drop Down

Quote detlions76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2013 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by ramsfan23

12 team ppr league and I got the 6th pick and I already know I have to choose between Charles or McCoy. Who do you take in that spot?
I would most likely take Charles but its a tough one. It could go either way. I would look at schedules to decide I think. GL though
detroitguy113 View Drop Down

Quote detroitguy113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Dustofbrooklyn

With Chip Kelly, McCoy is rumored to get 40-50 carries a game (I'll believe it when I see it), which should make any owner drool, but you, maybe less so since you're in a PPR league. But can he handle the load and stay healthy?

If McCoy carries the ball more then 30 times once this season I'd be suprised... where did you hear this at?
cyril.handal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyril.handal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 9:48am
I think you should go with Charles. Andy Reid gives his RBs tons of receptions which will be helpful in PPR. Vick is going to steal TDs from McCoy as is Brown. There's no one backing up Charles who will steal touches from him.
billsfan2810 View Drop Down

Quote billsfan2810 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 11:38am
SHADY
jer491625 View Drop Down

Quote jer491625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 12:00pm
Irony is the Andy Reid factor and people arguing that somehow he will 'help' Charles value when we saw what happened last year. I'd say Shady just because I like the upside that Chip Kelly provides while there is limited upside with Charles.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.051 seconds.