Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Keeper Question...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jaetee View Drop Down

Quote jaetee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeper Question...
    Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 6:20pm
10 team standard league. QB scores 6pts for TD, plus 1pt per 25 yds and bonuses over 300yd/game.  WR/TE is a combined position (for now).
Non-PPR.

We've been a 1-keeper league, but moving to 2-keepers this year and then next year moving to make it 3-keepers and separating TE and WR to make it more of a dynasty league. Also, we can only keep 1 player per position, not 2 RB or 2 WR/TE's.

I'm waffling back and forth on my 2 keepers and have it narrowed down to:

• MJD - Contract year, healthy again, workhorse on that team.
  • Tom Brady - Yea, he lost most of his targets, but damn he's good!
  • Victor Cruz - I think he's underrated, but I should be able to pick him up in 4th or 5th rd. Sadly, he's my best WR option by a long shot.
  • Torrey Smith - I'd rather have Cruz.
  • David Wilson - Convince me why he's a better choice than MJD...
I'm pretty locked on MJD and leaning towards Brady (despite the NE shake-ups).

And so far, most of the other owners seem to be keeping a QB and RB.  I think the only WR's being kept are Megatron & B.Marshall. Maybe A.J. Green as well, but his owner hasn't declared yet.

Anyway, thanks in advance for replies.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 7:25pm
If you feel you will have multiple quality options to choose from in the draft and most QBs are being held then you have to hold Brady and MJD easy
flintstock View Drop Down

Quote flintstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 3:57pm

Question: Do you have to keep 2 players? If you don't, then I'd not keep anyone and redraft everything. Nobody on your team is worth a 1st or 2nd round pick, IMO.

If you HAVE to keep, then keep Brady and MJD. I wouldn't be happy with that, but if you have to then you have to.
jaetee View Drop Down

Quote jaetee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 9:53pm
Yup, I gotta keep two. Can't re-draft.

It looks like eight QBs (not including Brady) will be kept prior to draft, leaving Romo, Stafford, Kaepernick, RGIII and R.Wilson available. If I keep Cruz, there are lots of good options that should be around in rounds five and six.

I feel like I might be overthinking this, but I also think Cruz is a solid WR2 with WR1 potential.
flintstock View Drop Down

Quote flintstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 2:29pm
It's not important what you think about Cruz, but what the other teams in your league thinks. If the other teams think Cruz is worth a 5th round pick (Roto has him at the 57th), then why would you take him in the top 2 rounds (as a keeper)? There will be higher ranked WRs available to you to draft. But, if you really like him, then pick him in the 4th.
 Post Reply Post Reply