RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

luck for ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kgroseman View Drop Down

Quote kgroseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: luck for ....
    Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 8:32am
Post draft I was offered Peyton , MJD and Rivers plus a3rd for Luck a 2nd and 4th. 12 team salary cap ,long term keeper, non ppr.
I have 2 problems with it 1st would be most of my team will be on bye in week 9 should it really matter with the guys I would be getting. Should I just suck it up week 9 and take the hit.

The biggest problem is salary cap. It would put me right at my max and leave me with very little wiggle room with possible injuries.

Please help guys
bfritz View Drop Down

Quote bfritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 8:54am
I would not trade Luck for that package - his upside and youth plus cap value I assume make him almost un-tradeable at this point.

I think the package of players he is offering you are too old and past their prime to make the deal in a long term keeper league.
koopasauce View Drop Down

Quote koopasauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 8:54am
I would keep luck in a keeper league because he's so young and already considered an "elite" quarterback.  MJD has injuries that can come back to haunt him. Rivers is on a lower end team that has injuries. If you have a descent rb already I wouldn't make the trade.  The hit on the bye week isn't super important.  I like taking a hit all at once instead of a couple here and there, one week goes by and then your a power house again. But ya I wouldnt make the trade.

kgroseman View Drop Down

Quote kgroseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 12:28pm
The big reason I am looking at it is because of mid. The backs I have are McCoy,BGE and Daryl Richardson. Plus some rookies with up side. Would this change your thoughts at all
flintstock View Drop Down

Quote flintstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 12:48pm
I'd do P. Manning & MJD straight up for Luck, but I wouldn't touch that trade package. Rivers is a waste of space on your roster so getting him does nothing except cost you space and cap. That leaves Manning, MJD and a 3rd for Luck, a 2nd and a 4th. You're giving up way too much in a long-term keeper league.
ddtjman View Drop Down

Quote ddtjman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 1:52pm
I agree with what flintstick said, just giving up too much for a long-term Keeper league. On the surface, looks liek a great deal but the more I look at it, you may come out on top this season (provided Manning does what Manning usually does) but next year going forward, you've essentially mortgaged your future for instant gratification.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.