RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Stanton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stanton
    Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 10:59pm
H2H standard 5 x 5 league would you sit Stanton for either Victorino or Lawrie in the DH spot? Yes he can go off but he's been killing me all season.Thoughts?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 11:16pm
I would play him for the upside. If I ever get to the point where I am going to sit a superstar I will make sure I trade him the next day.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 12:56pm
That's the problem with H2H leagues. In a rotisserie league you just plug them in and know that eventually the stats will be there. In H2H you have to worry about this week. Baseball is supposed to be a marathon, not a 26 week series of sprints.

Obviously, Stanton isn't going to hit 40 homers this season, but he could put up great stats at any moment. I agree with LABLUE. Leave him in or trade him.

Edited by lvtdude - 19 Aug 2013 at 12:56pm
mesalex View Drop Down

Quote mesalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 2:55pm
Victorino is a little bit gimpy. I would play stanton
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 11:21pm
HR on monday
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 9:31pm
Keeper league- Stanton or Wil Myers?

We keep 7, and I am LOADED. Goldschmidt, Cano, Longoria, Trout, Stanton, Kershaw, Sale.

The owner of Myers just put him on the block. Do I go after him, or am I already better without him.

Other than a 1 for 1, I could also ask for Scherzer, but that would mean not keeping Sale. Other than the wins category, Sale and Scherzer are very close, but Sale is much younger.

1. Stanton for Myers?

2. Stanton and _____ for Myers and Scherzer, if it means trading or dropping Sale? The blank could be Sale, Wheeler and Jansen, Wheeler and Arenado, Wheeler and Bogaerts? (I don't know if he's savvy enough to value Bogaerts very highly.)

3. Stand pat.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 11:00pm
I go after Myers yes but not Scherzer.Even though he is having a great season I still like Sale and Scherzer can only regress.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 11:40pm
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 3:54pm
If I could get Scherzer without giving up Sale, I could likely package Scherzer and Sale for Matt Harvey or some other stud. 
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 3:56am
Scherzer and Sale for Harvey? You like to give up too much for very small upgrades.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 7:34am
When it comes down to finalizing a squad of 7 keepers, it doesn't really matter what you give up as long as you have the best 7 keepers possible.I don't know if I believe Harvey is much better than either of those pitchers, which is why I haven't pursued it yet. I do know that Harvey's owner is absolutely smitten with him, so if I did want him, I'd have to overpay. But, if I can afford the price, why not pay it?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 11:54am
Id want a better player back then a little upgrade.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.