Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Keeper league

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeper league
    Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 3:28am
Get to keep 12 keepers for how ever long you want. Have a few days left to trade before it locks until the off season. Any thoughts on what I should trade for/away? Keepers as of today.

A. Gonzalez
D. Pedroia
T. Tulo
M. Trout
R. Braun
A. McCutchen

S. Strasburg
F. Hernandez
M. Harvey
Y. Darvish
A. Wainwright

Don't have a 12th for sure keeper. Salazar or a closer like H. Street. Could do a 2-1 to gain a keeper.
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 5:32am
WOW those are some good keepers!!! If you want to be picky maybe get a younger 1b but thats not even essential.A Goldshmidt or Freeman would look real nice there and your team is quite young.Closer what about a Greg Holland?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 5:35am
I own Street and Benoit. Why I mentioned him to keep.

I have an offer of Price and Cargo for Wain and A. Gonzalez right now I can take. But would not have a 1b and get a 4th outfielder. Also like Wain over Price. But do like Cargo over Adrian and both my keepers would be 3-4 years younger.

What do you think of this trade?
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 11:59am
I think I do it.Again both players you are getting make your team younger.Price is a very good pitcher and is four years younger than Wainwright.CarGo worries me with his injuries but I still do this deal and trade an OF for a 1b.LIke I said to me a Freeman or Goldshcmidt would look nice in that lineup.I would offer one of your OF around and get a top 1B which you can do with any of those OF.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 2:03pm
Took it.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 2:42pm
Any chance you could package Pedroia and one of your pitchers to get Cano?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 2:55pm
Deadline has passed until the offseason now. But I dont think I would want to offer a stud SP just to upgrade from Pedroia to Cano. Not worth it to me. Plus I would drop down a keeper again and have to keep a closer or some crap player. Here is my keepers going into the offseason.

c- W. Rosario
2b- D. Pedroia
ss- T. Tulo
of- M. Trout
of- C. Gonzalez
of- R. Braun
of- A. McCutchen

sp- S. Strasburg(Yes I put him as my first...lol)
sp- F. Hernandez
sp- M. Harvey
sp- Y. Darvish
sp- D. Price

lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 5:31pm
Any team with Strasburg as its #5 starter has to be pretty good. LOL
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 6:23pm
Atleast tell me you take Strasburg over Gausman?
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 6:52pm
Of course I would. I'd probably take him over Darvish and Price, too. For the purposes of our constant needling of each other, though, he's your #5.
 Post Reply Post Reply