RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Trade value for PED suspensions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade value for PED suspensions...
    Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 7:13pm
For those of you in keeper leagues, how do you value the players who got suspended?

Would you trade for Braun on fair value?  Would you be willing to overpay a bit to get him?  Or would you not trade for him because of what reason(s)?

For me...if I can get him at $0.50-.75 on the dollar, I'd consider it.  I think that skill set will diminish because of being off juice...which decreases his value.   Still could be a stud, but I don't think a super stud.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 11:22pm
If you can get him cheap I take him. I have him in one keeper and I won't give a one penny discount. He will be back to full value next season.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:09pm
I was just using him as an example.

In general, are PED suspended players guys that you value less because they may or may not come back as strongly?  Or is that even a consideration?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 2:11pm
Some guys I might lower. But guys like Bonds/Arod/Braun I would leave the same. Think they were superstars without cheating. Then just cheated to get even better.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2013 at 8:36pm
If I wanted Braun (which I don't), I would probably pay for him as if he were going to be a .290, 25, 100, 90, 15 guy. That's about Hunter Pence in his prime. It's a discount, but you're still taking on a lot of risk.

The problem with Braun is that he has already cheated and lied about it. You have to treat him like an alcoholic. He'll say he is clean and will stay clean- that he's learned his lesson- but he'll be lying. It's exactly what A-Rod did. He supposedly stopped taking PED's in 2009. What a load of crap.

These are not normal people. They are millionaire narcissists, and believe the world revolves them and that no matter what happens they will always come out on top. No matter what happens, they have millions of dollars to fall back on, so even if they get caught, it's no big deal to them.

That's why I'm staying away.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 10:18am
I've purposely stayed away from PED players.  Granted, I did have E. Cabrera on my team, but that he was a keeper hold over from beginning of last year...when he was a .250 hitter and this year was a surprise to say the least...
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.