RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Keeper League draft help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
agt00soul View Drop Down

Quote agt00soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeper League draft help
    Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 11:36am
So, I'm in a keeper league where I'm one of two teams that did not keep their first round choice from a year ago. I was able to keep CJ Spiller for a 7th round choice already.

I have the 9th slot in the draft.
I now have the first selection in this year's draft, since the other team that did not select a 1st round keeper is in the 12th slot.
When we complete our first round picks, the draft will snake back and I will have the 4th pick in round 2.

Standard Scoring Format - 12 team league
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1TEorWR_flex/1RBorTEorWR_flex

The available players I'm looking at are Trent Richardson, Jamaal Charles, and Marshawn Lynch.
After this selection, should I go wide receiver in the second, or back to RB to try to get say Alred Morris, Stephen Jackson, or Chris Johnson?

Since it's a real competitive league, I cant afford to make a mistake and would appreciate any advice.

Next year, I will have the option of keeping the 1st round selected player for my 1st round choice.
TheCardiacKid View Drop Down

Quote TheCardiacKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 1:32pm
I would go with Trent Richardson since you can keep the player again next year.  When considering how Norv Turner's RBs have thrived over the years, I think Richardson could ascend into the top 3 RB discussion next year.
cyril.handal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyril.handal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 9:57am
I would take Charles. While Richardson has more upside, there is also more risk there. Running backs have thrived in Andy Reid's offense, remember Brian Westbrook out of the backfield?
I would then target an ELITE receiver only (Megatron, Green, Marshall, or Bryant). If none of those are available, I would grab an elite QB and get a step ahead of the competition.
You will already have two great RBs so get good value at another position.

If you want more advice email me at fantasy_cyril@yahoo.com. I'm working on a mailbag post and would love for you to be part of it
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.