RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

20 team keeper Auction League Strategy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cottagecheesy View Drop Down

Quote Cottagecheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20 team keeper Auction League Strategy
    Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 9:50am
Hey all,

I'm interested in hearing some philosophies for a 20 team auction league with .5 ppr and 1 flex. The league also has three keepers. Thanks! D
cyril.handal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyril.handal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 12:26pm
3 Quick Thoughts

1) Have a spreadsheet knowing how much you want to spend on each position. This will help you to know how much value you are spending. For example, last year, I budgeted 45 for my RB2 since I kept Foster. I was able to get Peterson for 40. This meant that I could use $5 dollars extra on my Flex bid which I used to pick up Charles for 35 since he was also coming off injury even though I had 30 budgeted

2) Consistency in the role positions. In a 20 team league, it's going to be important to pick well especially at the RB position. Is it better to have a solid 8-10 points a week from someone like Chris Ivory or Pierre Thomas or have the boom-bust of a Daryl Richardson or Ronnie Hillman? When you go the rb by committee route or WR by committee route, pick the most consistent player. For example, i had the choice of Danny Woodhead or Alex Green last year mid-season. Woodhead had games where he would score 20 points but the next game he would score 0. Green on the other hand was good for a solid 7-10 point total.

3) Build around two elite players: a QB and an RB. Drive up the price as far as you can and as often as you can but target players that you need above all else. In this type of league, I think you NEED an elite QB above all else and then a elite RB. The reason for QB is that there will be a huge drop off between Brady, Brees, Manning, and Stafford, Cutler, Smith who someone will have to start. If you grab an elite RB as well you can fill in the gaps at receiver and your second RB.

I love to give further advice so if you want to email me at fantasy_cyril@yahoo.com and walk through some draft strategies feel free.

Cheers,
Cyril
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.