RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Need help with keeper options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kgroseman View Drop Down

Quote kgroseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with keeper options
    Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 5:44pm
 Hey Folks
I need some advice. Would it be wiser to go into the draft with my present keepers or make move for either RG3 or Kaepernic to keep.
my present keepers are Brandon Marshall, Larry Fitz, MCcoy, Bryce Brown, Dan Amendola, Ahmad Bradshaw ,Justin Blackmon and Ruben Randle.

I am in a 12 team salary cap, points for bigger plays, non-ppr Keeper league. We have small cap for keepers and a special tag  for keeper purposes. We can keep up to 8 players with cap and tag allowances.
I was offered RG3 straight up for Marshall and I am discussing Kaepernic with another owner.
I was considering a deal rather than get into a bidding war for High end QB in auction/draft. We have 2 round auction before our 8 round draft

If I make the deal for RG3 it would require major moves on my keepers to make it him fit under the cap.

What would you guys suggest? is it worth it to get one now and not worry about it or just deal with it as it comes draft day. I am not sure about it which worries me am I over thinking it or just not being smart by even considering the deal.

Please help all advice is welcome and appreciated. I am not a new player but just looking for advice before I possibly make a major screw up.
cyril.handal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyril.handal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:07am
A few things to consider: 1) Receiver is a much easier position to fill than QB. 2) You are correct in saying that a bidding war will be expensive and I would try to avoid it since every team without a QB will be trying to grab the mid-level guy. 3)I would be reluctant to trade Marshall for almost anyone and certainly not the uncertainty of RG3. I would counter and try to get a secondary player in the deal. 4) If you could trade for Kaep without giving up Marshall or McCoy, I think that would be worth it. Reports from camp are that Colin has shown great improvement as a passer.
kgroseman View Drop Down

Quote kgroseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 10:25am
Thank you that seems to be everyone's advice I have talked to about it the past few days
cyril.handal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyril.handal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 11:28am
Hey Kgroseman, I'm curious to see what happened here? did you end up pulling the trigger?
kgroseman View Drop Down

Quote kgroseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 7:56am
I did luck. Post draft i was offered Peyton, mjd, rivers and a 3rd for luck 2nd and 4th. It puts me right at my salary max and week 9 would be a wash as most of my team would be on bye. What do you think
kgroseman View Drop Down

Quote kgroseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 7:57am
I mean I got luck instead of rg3
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.031 seconds.