RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Drafting #2 Overall...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wethebest View Drop Down

Quote wethebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drafting #2 Overall...
    Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 12:04pm
This is definitely a highly debated issue but I'm looking for opinions here:

Who should I go with #2 overall... Foster, Martin, Charles???

Thanks in advance
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 1:03pm
Martin
aferrara44 View Drop Down

Quote aferrara44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 1:48pm
Is this a serious question? Until Foster's heart gives out from being a Vegan, or he tears his ACL, Foster is the clear pick. The question should be, who goes number 3.
leavittontime View Drop Down

Quote leavittontime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 2:16pm
Foster all day long !!Wink
cyril.handal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyril.handal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 7:53am
I would go with Foster but I think that the gap between Foster and Martin and Charles is smaller than would appear. I would advise trying to trade the pick for the #4 or #5 and get a higher pick in the second round. Getting two premier running backs is key this year and I would rather have the combo of a Ray Rice, Martin, or Charles and say Matt Forte, Steven Jackson or MJD (all who would be availble around 13-15) than Foster and McFadden, Sproles, David Wilson
wethebest View Drop Down

Quote wethebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 8:26am
So you have no concern with Foster's potential health issues? Or that he might be losing some touches this season?

I like that idea, but I don't know if anyone in my league would go for it! I'd definitely prefer a middle round pick. I'm in a 12 team PPR league which allows one keeper, who actually happens to be Sproles (as my 7th round pick). I know I'm guaranteed a Tier-1 RB at the #2 pick, but I didn't really anticipate on drafting another RB late in the 2nd round. I was thinking maybe a Tier-1 WR or maybe Brees if he happens to be there (which I doubt). What would you think about MJD if he's still around late in the 2nd?   
wethebest View Drop Down

Quote wethebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 8:29am
Check that... I just read your MJD post in the other forum lol!
cyril.handal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cyril.handal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 8:50am
Sproles is a fantastic flex/ 2nd option in PPR (and a bargain as a 7th rounder). In PPR I try to target lesser wide receivers who make up ground in volume-- last year I drafted Randell Cobb and Danny Amendola and traded early for Wes Welker. I feel like you can get quality wideouts later in the draft which is why I value getting two quality running backs.
It comes down to where you want to try to differentiate your team. My goal was to blow players out at QB and RB and draw at WR. I do think that Brees may be available. With the wealth of QBs available, people will be more reluctant to take a good one. I'm assuming that in your league, Wilson, Luck, Kaepernick, and RG3 are all taken which still will leave at least one of Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and Manning in the second.
I really don't have any concerns about Foster. Last season he started off with injury concerns and Tate concerns and he still went off. Obviously, it's important to handcuff Foster with Ben Tate.
aferrara44 View Drop Down

Quote aferrara44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 11:37am
I have no concerns on Foster's health issues until they become real health issues that cause him to miss a stretch of games. If you watch any of the Texan's games, you will see that Tate gets plenty of carries each game and Foster still puts up yards and points. The Texans are a running football team, and until Schaub starts heaving it up 40-45 times a game, Foster should go number 2.
dan.croop View Drop Down

Quote dan.croop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 7:18am
It's all about timing. If you can wait until right before the season, and Foster gets some preseason work in and is fine, then go Foster. If you have to make this choice now, or very soon, then I go Martin. Martin has no question marks and should almost definitely finish top five at RB. Foster could be the #1 back this season, but he also could have nagging issues that drop him down to somewhere around #15-20.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.