Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

The Billy Hamilton Experiment 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Billy Hamilton Experiment 2013
    Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 10:38pm
For those that have been holding onto Hamilton with great hopes of having a possible SB monster give you a huge boost in SB's it's looking more and more like it won't be until September that Hamilton gets any chance to play and even then how much time would he likely get if the Reds are contending for a playoff spot?

What do you all think?
Cottagecheesy View Drop Down

Quote Cottagecheesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 4:19am
Dusty just doesn't seemed impressed with him....I've been holding onto both Hamilton and Tavares and have been desperately trying to trade....still holding on for now.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 7:23am
Aside from my own personal opinion in that holding out for a strictly one category player usually isn't a good move no matter how good potentially that player could be in the category it seems that the consensus on Hamilton is he isn't ready to hit MLB pitching and with his lack of power he better be able to hit for a decent average and have a good on base percentage or there isn't much use for him in the outfield.    

Tavares has been slowed by injuries or he possibly would have been called up already.

Puig was a surprise to have been called up so early with the Outfield the Dodgers had but injuries opened the door and he performed right out of the gate.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 2:32pm
Dusty doesn't like young players...
STEELCITY10 View Drop Down

Quote STEELCITY10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2013 at 11:05pm
I would try to dump Hamilton for another top prospect...Miguel Sano?
dannogil View Drop Down

Quote dannogil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2013 at 10:46pm
Baker is TOOO old school and doesn't do rookies well. That, and the kid is a .250 hitter at Louisville. As he moves up the ladder, his number and percentage of SB is going down. 58 SB in 89 Games. Great, but he's an outfielder and Dusty likes power.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 6:52pm
Slap hitters can do well if they can hit .300 or better...
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 7:13pm
Slap hitters even if they can possibly have a decent or good BA IMO are never a good long term hold to take up space in keeper leagues, minor league rosters, or even worse in redraft leagues where owners wait with lofty hopes of having a dominant SB guy.

BA is tough to project from minors to majors. It's a very big step from the minors to the majors with the type pitching you face and other factors. Plus, speed only holds much more value IMO and most in middle infield positions since those positions aren't very deep and most don't have much power to begin with at 2B or SS.

Of course the fun part is we all have our own opinions and when you do end up with a guy that turns out to be a top SB guy you feel good about it!
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 11:58am
Probably a late call up and if Cincy is in the hunt maybe just a pinch runner or spot start.
reddogie1 View Drop Down

Quote reddogie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 6:11am
I live in Cincinnati and life long Reds fans s follow everyday . There is no talk of Billy Hamilton here and since we are in the playoff hunt and will be in September he has little or no value in MLB fantasy baseball.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 3:07pm
The urgency or hope of Hamilton being called up has always been from fantasy owners. I don't know of anyone in baseball that has given much of an opinion on Hamilton that didn't indicate a very strong doubt he could hit major league pitching.

While in-depth analysis of a minor league players potential and actual skill level can be very hard to come by, seeing the high minor league SB totals seems to be a huge allure and I see owners in some serious leagues cling on to Hamilton.

Given that Hamilton has had a fairly poor season facing AAA pitching and also some nagging injuries it's hard to imagine him getting much if any AB's this season.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 3:15pm
I have him in a keeper league but since we only keep 12 I am not sure I would keep him.
 Post Reply Post Reply