Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Time to giveup on Cespedes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cvjs91184 View Drop Down

Quote cvjs91184 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time to giveup on Cespedes?
    Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 10:26am
I've hung with Cespedes all season hoping he would start playing decent but I've had about enough. He has recently been dropped from the can't cut list so I can now move him. What's your thoughts on me dropping him for is Dexter Fowler.
kjschneider View Drop Down

Quote kjschneider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2013 at 1:01pm
Personally, I would stick with Cespedes. According to Sports Illustrated (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fantasy/news/20130717/fantasy-baseball-roundtable-tim-lincecum/), he had some bad luck in the first half with a  " .251 BABIP, thanks to a 16.1-percent line-drive rate and a ground ball/fly ball ratio that sits at 0.75. However, there are signs he's turning it around. His line-drive rate in June was up to 21.2 percent, his highest for any month. In 49 plate appearances in July, he has six walks and just six strikeouts, a huge improvement in both categories over the season's first three months. He's primed to break out in the second half." I was thinking about doing the same thing as you (except pick up Billy Butler), but after reading this, I am going to stick with Cespedes for now. What worries me more than his poor production in the first half is this wrist injury that he sustained after the Home Run Derby. How is that going to affect him moving forward? Hopefully, it is only minor and he won't need a DL stint. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited by kjschneider - 21 Jul 2013 at 1:07pm
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2013 at 4:00pm
He's a stud...but if you can move him for something that's giving you better stats?  Do it.  If you're out of the running, then you might as well hold onto him, or see if you can flip him for someone who believes he's going to turn it around.
Stats are stats...and you need them to win.
 Post Reply Post Reply