FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Keeper Trade involving Goldy...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
britter87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote britter87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keeper Trade involving Goldy...
    Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:24pm
Alright I am in 1st place of my 12 team H2H 5 player keeper league. Its a points league with different scoring, I will tell you the scoring if need be, but pitching is stronger than hitting and usually wins the league.

My pitching is Kershaw, Sale, Samardjiza, Colon, Parker, Bailey and 1 spot starter; we get 7 starts a week.

Teams behind me have lineups like Felix, J. Zimmerman, Harvey, Teheran, Garza, Cingrani.

Or Darvish, Price, Moore, Gio, Wheeler, Skaggs and Lohse.

Or Wainwright, Bumgarner, Weaver, Bucholz, Gallardo, and Eovaldi

Or Verlander, Hamels, Latos, Dempster, Cashner, Beachy, Peavy and Miley.

Does my pitching stand up to those other teams to win in a one week playoff system?

The trade I am pondering with Goldschmidt, who is a $24 keeper, is:

Goldschmidt $24, Myers $2, and a SP (not sure which one yet) for Cliff Lee $28, Zack Grienke $25, Hyun-Jin Ryu $1 or Mike Leake $5 (his choice) and Kendrys Morales $5.

Remember this is a keeper league and the team trading me those SPs is out of the playoff hunt and looking for the best possible 5 keepers. He would be making his keepers Goldschmidt $24, Miguel Cabrera $44, Wil Myers $2, Hyun-Jin Ryu $1, and Hisashi Iwakuma $8. Very cheap 5 keepers.

My keepers will be Machado, Trout, Kershaw, Sale and was Goldy now can be Kipnis or a SP. Am I trading away my future with Goldy? I am desperate for championship, I can taste it, but the other teams are making trades making their teams a lot better. Am I overreacting?

My Roster:
C Victor Martinez
1B Paul Goldschmidt
2B Jason Kipnis
3B Manny Machado
SS Starlin Castro
OF Mike Trout, Starling Marte, Nate McLouth, Wil Myers and Nick Markakis (start 3)
Util David Ortiz

SP Clayton Kershaw, Chris Sale, Jeff Samardjiza, Homer Bailey, Bartolo Colon, Jarrod Parker, Alexi Ogando and Brandon Morrow
RP Joe Nathan and Mariano Rivera

britter87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote britter87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:26pm
I know that is long, but my trade deadline is coming up soon and if I need to do this I have to get it done now.

Nothing will solidify my championship but I wanna put myself in the best shape possible for the win.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:37pm
Keep Goldy and Myers.
britter87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote britter87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:41pm
Myers is pointless really... My staff would be Kershaw, Sale, Lee, Greinke, Samardjiza, Colon and Bailey/Parker. Thats amazing. Its extremely enticing... why do you say keep him?
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:50pm
He is one of the best young players in baseball and he is $2. Will take Myers for 2 over Greinke or Lee at their prices.
britter87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote britter87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:54pm
My keepers are Manny Machado at $7, Mike Trout at $24, Clayton Kershaw at $36, Chris Sale at $11 and another player possibly Kipnis at $21, Samardjiza at $16, or any of the players I get in the trade. Wil Myers will not be a keeper for me this year. Again I only get 5.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 3:59pm
I take Myers over Kipnis or Samardjiza. Save 19 on the Myers to Kipnis swap. I keep your other 4 for sure.
britter87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote britter87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 4:01pm
How'd this turn into a keeper question for me. I said I am trying to sell out for the championship this year. If I win one I am okay with searching for another keeper in the offseason.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 4:04pm
Then sale everything and win.
britter87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote britter87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 4:09pm
Thanks for your help... anyone else?
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 6:30pm
I think your mind is already made up no matter what anyone says. So go ahead and do it then
britter87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote britter87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2013 at 7:05pm
I guess I'm just looking for analysis, other opinions. Not just keep Goldy and Myers.
arvid.jay@gmail.com View Drop Down

Quote arvid.jay@gmail.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2013 at 7:41am
You're in first place right now, so obviously you're doing something right. Giving away Goldy at $24 is something you will regret for the next few years. What's so wrong with your staff that you need two more starters? You can win right now with what you have, don't just look around at everyone else making deals and force yourself to make one. Try dealing Kipnis/Myers for 1 elite starter instead.
bermac View Drop Down

Quote bermac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2013 at 2:02pm
Id keep kipnis over myers 100 times outta 100 at this point. 2B so shallow its ridic and hes the best thats not named cano
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.