Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Trade for batting average

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
svd127 View Drop Down

Quote svd127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade for batting average
    Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 10:59am
I am in a ten team head to head league. The past 4 weeks i have lost hits runs and batting average. I am trying to land segura or Reyes in a trade for either Shelby miller our strausburg? What one to go for an what to give up? Would either pitcher get me toulowitski?
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 3:58pm
You can get quite a bit for Strasburg...but it's hard to trade a player that plays once every 5 games for a player who produces daily...

You're not going to get Tulo for either.  Maybe if you offered both.  I wouldn't even consider giving up Segura for either.  I might consider giving up Reyes for Stras, if only because Reyes can't seem to stay healthy...
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 1:12pm
You might get an injured Tulowitzki for Strasburg. My cousin has a huge lead in our home league and is shopping Tulo, because he wants to win NOW.  Depending on the situation, it might be a possibility.
svd127 View Drop Down

Quote svd127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 5:16pm
What about Stanton for strausburg or miller?
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 10:18pm
That's a lot more likely...and would be a trade that I would at least give serious thought to if I owned Stanton.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 2:33pm
Lots of teams/people have taken hits to BA the last few weeks. Depends on your players of course. I would be careful to not sell to low on underperforming offensive players you have.

That said every league is different but Batting Average is usually a very costly category because of what goes with it. Usually there are RBI's, HR's, SB's those players contribute strongly to.

Also, don't forget that as many players that are hitting around or under the Mendoza line there are a number of players far exceeding their pedigree's that are due to average down over the rest of the season.

Guess what I'm saying is I'd always rather sell high than be a buyer in a sellers market!
 Post Reply Post Reply