RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Matt Harvey vs. Shelby Miller ROS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jtr5708 View Drop Down

Quote jtr5708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matt Harvey vs. Shelby Miller ROS
    Posted: 23 May 2013 at 7:48am
I'm in a 12-team standard mixed roto league (non-keeper).  I drafted Matt Harvey in round 21 and my co-worker drafter Shelby Miller 5 picks later.  He is a massive Mets fan and has been hounding me about Harvey all season.  I'm at the point now where I would entertain a trade offer but is Harvey for Miller fair straight up?  Should I ask for a bit more?

I feel like Harvey and Miller are very similar.  They both are of high pedigree, they both have had tremendous starts to the year and they both are probably going to come down to earth a bit.  Harvey is 24 vs Miller who is 22. 

Despite the similarities in value I definitely have a little bit of leverage because he is a Mets fan and is salivating at the opportunity to get Harvey.  I am not looking to hold his feet to the flames but should I ask for a bit more in return or should I just be satisfied with a straight-up Harvey for Miller deal?
jtr5708 View Drop Down

Quote jtr5708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 8:04am
UPDATE: I could do a 2-for2 with him where I give up Harvey and Dan Haren and I get back Miller and Marco Estrada.  Estrada and Haren have both been pretty bad so far but Haren scares me.  I think Estrada has a better chance of regaining form this season than Haren does.  Is Estrada enough of an upgrade over Haren?
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 11:24am
Imo all that trade does for you is get him off your back. If it were me I`d hold him hostage for a while longer and hope for something better than Estrada.If he is really that high on Harvey he`ll offer up something better.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:02pm
I'm own Miller in a lot of leagues, and even though I do not own Harvey at all, I'd love to have him. I don't think I'd trade Miller for him if the offer was presented. If I did, it would only be to improve another position, and I just don't see Haren/ Estrada being worthwhile. I'm not saying hold his feet to the flames, but you're doing him a favor trading him someone he cherishes, so he should reciprocate.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:04pm
If you do consider the trade, I would let him know that Miller is in a better organization, and all things being equal, should win more games. It would be like trading Verlander for King Felix. Who's in the better situation?
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:06pm
Oh, and Miller is relief eligible in a lot of leagues...
jtr5708 View Drop Down

Quote jtr5708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 12:20pm
@lvtdude: I just want to clarify, are you saying you like Miller better than Harvey?  Because that's one of the reasons I feel it's worth my while to get rid of Harvey for Miller.  I am definitely looking for wins and while Harvey gets me incredible counting stats and ratios I do not have confidence in the Mets winning him a fair number of games. 

Also, the relief pitcher eligibility won't help in my league.

I actually just spoke with the guy who owns Shelby Miller and I agreed to put Harvey on the block and when I get a few offers I will give him the courtesy of matching or bettering the offer before I decide to move him.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 12:43am
Harvey > Miller for me. I think Miller will have some troubles at some point and think Harvey will be a stud all year and finish in the top 3-4 in the CY Young voting.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.048 seconds.