RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Waiver wire Pitcher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Qstar View Drop Down

Quote Qstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Waiver wire Pitcher
    Posted: 22 May 2013 at 11:00am
11 team mixed auction keeper - weekly roster moves
We start 3SP,2RP,4P. K,Wins,Saves,ERA,WHIP
My staff: Darvish, Shields, Lester, Medlen, Niese, Lohse, Kazmir, Pettite, Beachy, Kimbrel, Nathan, Valverde, League.

I'm looking to drop - Kazmir and Pettite. Potential targets - Travis Wood, David Phelps, Kevin Gausman.

We have limited waiver moves during the year - all waiver pickups cost $1 and can be kept next yr for a salary of $10.

Would any or all of those guys be better than Kazmir and Pettite for the rest of the year? I'm leading in saves, lagging in wins, but upper-middle in K's, ERA and WHIP.

Ideally I would trade a closer, but I am not getting interest in League or Valverde and am not comfortable moving Kimbrel or Nathan at this moment.
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 4:15pm
I`d drop Kazmir for Wood but I`d keep Petitte. Phelps and Gausman are only stop gap starters so they won`t net you much in the over all scheme of things. As for all your RP I wouldn`t be concerned about keeping them all. Injuries happen all the time so teams will come calling when it happens then you can name your price. Good luck
jtr5708 View Drop Down

Quote jtr5708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 5:43pm
I totally disagree on Gausman. He is not a stop gap. He is of top pedigree and will be given a chance to stick around. No guarantees of course but he definitely has the potential to make a difference.
Slingshots View Drop Down

Quote Slingshots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 6:34am
When I said stop gap I meant for this season only. There is no doubting Gausmans talent but as it usually goes not many rookies make the big impact we want right out of the gate. I don`t know how many leepers you can have but if it`s like 8 or more I definitely pick up Gausman.
Qstar View Drop Down

Quote Qstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 7:07am
UPDATE:

I picked up Wood and Gausman and dropped Kazmir and Pettite since our FAAB ran last night.

It's "unlimited" keepers. However there is a $300 salary cap for a roster of - 2x all IF, 5OF, 1UT, 3SP, 2RP, 4P + 10 reserves.

Additionally, keepers have a minimum salary of $10 and inflation runs 20% each year for the first 2yrs and then jumps up each subsequent year. Gausman would be $10 in 2014, $12 in 2015 and $15 in 2016. Beyond 2 yrs, inflation jumps to 30% for yr 3, 40% for yr 4...etc.

It looks like Rick Porcello is available too - his last few starts have been good...wondering if he's a better bet than Wood?
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.