RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Trade: Dickey/Moreland vs. Chapman/Youkilis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jtr5708 View Drop Down

Quote jtr5708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade: Dickey/Moreland vs. Chapman/Youkilis
    Posted: 17 May 2013 at 11:33am
The league is a 12-team mixed roto (no keepers).  I have an abundance of closers (Chapman, Romo, Grilli, Frieri and K. Jansen). I also lead the league in saves by a good margin (2nd place is 6 saves behind me but 3rd place is 14 saves behind me).  I know Jansen and Frieri are not as safe in their jobs as the other 3 but the way I see it is with the lead I already have in saves I can still maintain pace as long as one of those two works out.  And I just cannot buy into the idea that Brandon League will hold Jansen off much longer.  I also don't have much faith in Madson taking the job from Frieri, although anything is possible.

I've tried to shop every closer to see what kind of value I can expect and it seems most owners feel that they have leverage over me since they know I want to deal a closer.  I have a deal in principle with an owner in which I give up Aroldis Chapman and Kevin Youkilis and I receive R.A Dickey and Mitch Moreland.  I feel now is the time to buy Dickey.  I also have concerns about Youkilis so I am not opposed to getting rid of him.  If I turn this deal down it may be the last good offer I receive for a long time.  Please provide feedback and let me know if you think this is a good deal for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.