RotoWire Partners
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

Sell High on Fowler?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alex_baeza View Drop Down

Quote alex_baeza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sell High on Fowler?
    Posted: 11 May 2013 at 10:21am
Should I sell high on Dexter Fowler?? I have a pretty good outfield (Trout, Choo, Rios, Heyward, and Aoki) and could trade him and someone else away in return for a better pitcher.
pmissner View Drop Down

Quote pmissner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 12:12pm
Considering Fowler is on pace for 36 homers and has never hit more than 13 in a season, I'd say now is the perfect time to unload him. He'll be lucky to have 20 homers at season's end. The fact that he only has four doubles speaks to his lucky power numbers.
PennMan View Drop Down

Quote PennMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 12:43pm
I have to agree with pmissner that selling high on Fowler makes sense. While Fowler hits atop the order most times he has not been much of an SB asset since his first season. Given what else you have in the OF it seems that you could probably improve your team.

* I don't know what pitcher you would get in return or what the rest of your offense and pitching staff look like but I would at least entertain the offers.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 2:44am
Id trade him if you get a pitcher you like.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 3:47pm
This season, he's probably a solid 20/20 guy.  Maybe even a 25/25 guy.  Selling high is a great idea...just realize that this season, he's looking like a guy you'd want on your roster and make sure you get great value for him.
the4seamer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote the4seamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 8:46am
Hope you traded him by now.....
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Permissions View Drop Down

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.