Login: Sign up now! or
call 888-201-3057
| Help | Why Subscribe?
Yahoo! SportsFoxSportsESPN
HOME NFL MLB / Minors NBA NHL GOLF RACING NCAAF NCAAB MORE...    BLOGS MYROTOWIRE ASK AN EXPERT WIRELESS
  Mock Drafts | Baseball Commissioner | Football Commissioner | More
Search for Player:      
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar

R. Zimmerman for M. Cain?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ebooz View Drop Down

Quote ebooz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R. Zimmerman for M. Cain?
    Posted: 11 May 2013 at 9:47am
I have Cain. Thoughts on if I should take this trade. My current roster has Lawrie as my 3B. My pitching staff includes M Moore, M Latos, J Zimmerman, M Harvey, M Cain, J Fernandez (bench), B Maurer (bench), D Strailey (bench) and J Weaver (DL). 5 starters with my 2 RPs Kimbrel and Papelbon.
bebobri View Drop Down

Quote bebobri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 9:56am
I've never been a Ryan Zimmerman fan as he is often injured and runs very hot and cold.  Not sure if his throwing problem is getting better but that invariably affects his hitting.  Cain has never been a pitcher to blow your doors off, but I think you could find third baseman that come cheaper for the same production as Zimmerman.
alex_baeza View Drop Down

Quote alex_baeza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 10:02am
you should probably try and get an additional player. actually, i have the same trade proposal in my league except i'm giving yovani gallardo as well as zimmerman.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 2:20pm
Keep Cain.
astrosfanatic View Drop Down

Quote astrosfanatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 6:31pm
Do not trade Cain. He has already started recovering.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 6:47pm
Offer him Jered Weaver and another player instead. 
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 4:33pm
Cain really is due to have a bad year...maybe he recovers...but I just have this feeling that he's going to be giving up the long ball all year long.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by daswah

Cain really is due to have a bad year...maybe he recovers...but I just have this feeling that he's going to be giving up the long ball all year long.

He's due, and you have a feeling??? That's gambler talk if I've ever heard it.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 8:57am
And what else do you call what we do?

Sure...there's stats and analysis involved, but at the beginning of every line up submission is a bunch of educated 'guesses' and 'gambles'.

To be truthful, it's not so much that I'm a gambler, it's that I don't use the numbers as anything other than what I use the lines in the road for...they exist to give me an idea of where the I'm supposed to go, but ultimately the path will never be a straight one.
lvtdude View Drop Down

Quote lvtdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 10:48am
I just don't see any quantifiable reason for Cain to be "due" for a bad season. His velocity is the same, his K rate is the same, his GB to FB ratio is the same. He's just walking a few more batters right now, and has served up a few long balls. I think it's just a case of a run of sub-par command.

Most pitchers go through a bad month or two here and there. Cain has been so consistent though, that I think his recent struggles stick out more than usual. 

There are very few pitchers that ever have me thinking they will have an especially poor season, or an especially great season, unless they change teams, sustain an injury, etc. Most of the time, established pitchers are what they are, and don't vary too much.....unless they are named Josh Beckett. then anything goes.

LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 11:38am
He is already back in form. He should be great the rest of the year overall.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2013 at 8:14pm
As a Giants fan...I hope so.  As a fantasy manager, I'm leaving him alone this year.
LABLUE View Drop Down

Quote LABLUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 7:48am
As a Dodger fan I hope his arm falls off.
daswah View Drop Down

Quote daswah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:56am

Post Reply Post Reply